Stick Float Fishing

hrefna

Who uses Maxima line for stick float fishing as advocated by Match Fishing Magazine expert

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I use maxima for pretty much all my coarse fishing, 4lb for float and 6lb for feeder.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I have used it in the past in 1.5lb breaking strain and if you spray it up with floatant first its OK.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Certainly not, I use maxima for just about all my running line fishing .....apart from stick float fishing, you need a line that floats when fishing top and bottom and maxima does a lot of things well but floating isn't one of them, my go to stick float line is perlon either 2.1, 2.6 or if bigger fish are expected 3.2

dave brittain 1

Maxima is a brilliant all round line that has stood the test of time. I've used it for everything from stick float fishing to barbel fishing on the feeder. Although it's not my go to stick float line, (I would have no qualms using it), it is one of my first choice lines for waggler work 2.5lbs, 3lbs on the river and 4lbs on commercials for pellet waggler work. If you want it to float simply spray it with line floatant. If you want to sink it add a few drops of washing up liquid.

For stick work on the Wye in winter I tend to use Tubertini Gorilla Float in 4lbs & 5lbs 0.148mm and 0.165mm dia. It's a great line however it can be slightly under dia i.e 0.165mm can be closer to 0.15mm

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I will never say a word against maxima, used it since platil days, is it the same stuff? Somebody must know.

trotter2

Bayer perlon for stick float fishing for me .Some lads do use maxima and spray it with floatant mind.

mattnewark

Bayer Perlon for the stick...always used it.

Maxima for the feeder

Korum Barbel line for the big lads.