Stick Float Fishing For Dace

HALTON DANGLER

Wet and windy, we call it summer, i guess in the uk we have got accustomed to summer being two weeks of blazing sun and then the rest being a mixture of warm spells and rain. A trip to the river severn the rain was set in on our drive down but on our arrival the river looked in fine fettle.

Atcham on the lymm anglers card was the venue and i settled in a drea dace glide.Even depth and a nice pace it just had to hold some dace. 4 pints of maggot and 3 pints of hemp i was set for a days fishing on the stick.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Another crackin' vid Danny.... get on a pin for the trotting mate... they are the best for this sort of fishing where a long chuck isn't needed... and your rig control is beyond compare...??

HALTON DANGLER

i do own one to be honest arry i use it mainly for still waters now like, main reason is i dont know what oil to put on it to get it smoothe, it was amazing when i first got it but over year it just didnt spin same, any advice mate?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
i do own one to be honest arry i use it mainly for still waters now like, main reason is i dont know what oil to put on it to get it smoothe, it was amazing when i first got it but over year it just didnt spin same, any advice mate?
Yup take the spool off and using a cotton bud clean out the spindle hole and the spindle then add a drop of light oil like 3in1 just a drip or two no more... it should spin well afterwards

HALTON DANGLER

nice one mate will do that this afternoon, ican feel a chub trip coming on lol, appreciate that mate really do thank you

brian carragher

Site Supporter
Dont use WD40, its no use at all on a pin , if you have to clean the pin and the spindle try and spray it with an evaporating degreaser and then run it off under very hot water, when its dry, use sewing machine oil, its a lot thinner than 3 in 1 and it has a lot less viscosity so it doesnt create as much friction on the pin and it'll run a whole lot smoother and quicker

D

Deleted member 21081

Lovely fishing Danny, that’s some library of quality videos you’ve accumulated now!

You sure should be proud!

HALTON DANGLER

cheers Deleted Member, the channel is doing really well and gets great feedback which is always inspiring to make more videos, loving the adventure and hopefully has a long way to wind yet before we reach the end lol