Steve Ringer - How to load a Hybrid Feeder

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
So Steve doesn’t fill the holes in on the back of a hybrid feeder like Tommy does. 🤔

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Does it depend on the depth of water you're fishing in?

Total

Site Supporter
Does it depend on the depth of water you're fishing in?

I wasn't sure when I first considered what Mr Pickering indicated about the blocking off on the bottom of the holes on the hybrid, but kind of made sense...

Obversely Mr Ringer and Guru are no mugs, and Boddington isn't silly deep either.....It's one of them....:unsure:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I have always wondered what the difference is between a Hybrid and Banjo feeder. Is it just the shape?

Strangely I have had a lot of success using a Banjo but I think I have yet to catch with a Hybrid.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
From Steve....

"The holes and slots in the side allow the water in to a degree. We found when testing that no holes or slots meant the bait didn't break down. A large part of it remained stuck in the bowl.
The only reason I can see you'd want to glue the holes is to try and stop the pellets breaking down."

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
This preston feeder does ,il have to check on the other preston banjo feeders..that i have ,is it the older feeders with no holes ,very curious

Last edited:

robert d

Site Supporter
This preston feeder does ,il have to check on the other preston banjo feeders..that i have ,is it the older feeders with no holes ,very curious
Looking i think its the original banjo feeder from preston with no holes 🤔

robert d

Site Supporter
From Steve....

"The holes and slots in the side allow the water in to a degree. We found when testing that no holes or slots meant the bait didn't break down. A large part of it remained stuck in the bowl.
The only reason I can see you'd want to glue the holes is to try and stop the pellets breaking down."
How nice to get a response that quick from Steve ,well done Dave