Staunton Court, Gloucestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourseCraig

Hi all!

It's been a long time [very long] since I last posted.

I have a new MSN address - so if you were on my list before - please add me in again, spiritualtranquility@hotmail.com

Anyway - back to subject...Staunton Court.

I visited the lakes there last weekend with a first timer, he caught first [!] and pulled in a 6lb Mirror using a !!single yellow maggot!! - the rest of the day was awesome - between the two of us we must have caught about 90lb of Carp & Bream...not bad for a couple of 'beginners' - I still class myself as a beginner after 11 years :S

I'm going back to Staunton Court Sunday [31st] - so if anyone would like to join me - please make contact.

There's two lakes to chose from - a more 'scenic' lake and also a match lake. I fished the match lake and was pleased with the day [can you tell?!] - whilst walking around earlier in the day before I fished I was just chatting to a guy and he pulled in a 10lb common...so it's all good. Not to say it's all Carp mind you...it's fully stocked with the usual species.

Cost for the day is a fiver.

I'll be taking bread, cat food and trout pellets.

Hope to hear from some of you

Tight lines!

Craig

Tinca Tinca

Hi there, i am living in cheltenham im new to the area are these lakes that you mentioned close to me or is there much travelling involved?
cheers

aliwil42

theres a bit of traveling tinca... if you drive i can get directions from cheltenham for you.. lol even if you dont drive i can

http://www.go-fish.co.uk/gloucestershire.htm
http://www.fishingnet.com/England/Gloucestershire.htm
http://freespace.virgin.net/r.spencer/Venues/Glouc/glouc.htm

theres a few links to places near and not so near cheltenham....

i have tried burley lakes (so so) and the stanbro (also known as the old spot) both of which will probably be your closest...

im from cheltenham as well btw...

theres quite a lot of places nearby.. also theres pittville which i aint fished yet but which is supposed to hold some nice fish...

lol get in touch some time...

Tinca Tinca

Yeah i have been on the old spot a few times and yes it does hold some quite nice fish.As for pittville i have heard some mixed reports about this place some saying that it hold some real nice fish n some saying that it aint really that good , we will have to go n give it a blast one day.Also i dunno if you have heard bout this place called hillview nearto twks but that hold some nice fish with some big weights winning the weekly matches on there.My addy is matojo7@hotmail.com

aliwil42

i have just been told about hillview... my neighbour mentioned it yesterday but i aint been able to get there yet.... lol will have to give it a blast...

im f***pwince@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.