Statement from the Angling Trust on the national lockdown rules

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
The problem is Mick that the Moderating Tools available to page owners on FB are totally inadequate in comparison to those that are available here on this forum. Also the in house standards of Moderation on the Facebook platform as to what is and isn't permissible for an individual to post is an absolute joke in my own opinion. It just makes the job way harder and time consuming than it should be. :mad:

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I’ve just deleted Facebook, I seriously can’t get my head around the opinions of some of the bellends on there.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
The problem is Mick that the Moderating Tools available to page owners on FB are totally inadequate in comparison to those that are available here on this forum. Also the in house standards of Moderation on the Facebook platform as to what is and isn't permissible for an individual to post is an absolute joke in my own opinion. It just makes the job way harder and time consuming than it should be. :mad:
a few of the local interest pages I subscribe too have just lately turned to having a mod approve a post before publication due to innapropriate comments, including a local history one

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I literally set it up 6 weeks ago to join my AC group to monitor info about matches.

Have since joined a few fishing related groups, all of which I have now un-joined...

The level of selfish ignorance is just beyond me to be honest. Also, don’t get me started on the spelling and grammar!!

R0B

I literally set it up 6 weeks ago to join my AC group to monitor info about matches.

Have since joined a few fishing related groups, all of which I have now un-joined...

The level of selfish ignorance is just beyond me to be honest. Also, don’t get me started on the spelling and grammar!!
:ROFLMAO: There's only so many unnecessary apostrophes and "your/you're" issues anyone can take in a day, and the amount of comments that are really difficult to read. Nobody expects perfection, but at least a good enough job so you don't need to be psychic to understand what the hell they are on about. Apparently the average reading age of UK adults is 9.
Mrs is dyslexic and writes impeccably as she can be bothered to use the spellchecker and grammar checkers.

As for the knobs posting about going fishing, I happily call them out on it.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
It says recreational fishing, some of the matches I’ve fished haven’t been very recreational....... 😀

And more seriously, whilst I’m not going to do it, could you say you were fishing for food if sea fishing or trout fishing? That would be safer than the supermarket.
I hope our Eastern European friends don’t see your post pal. Two pike fishing on our canal this morning apparently. If my old mate had have phoned the police they probably wouldn’t have come out anyway. 🙄