Star for one day only

Line Clip

Sometimes you get a day where things just happen to go right for once , well 99% anyway, our club booked a match on a commercial
last summer to celebrate an anglers birthday, 36 anglers booked on, which was six anglers to many for the one pool.
The complex owner kindly let us have six pegs on a 2nd pool so we could all fish the match, With all the interest of new anglers
last year meant, all pegs were taken on the 2nd pool, with the rest of the pegs being mostly Mum and Dad plus kids new novice pleasure anglers.
The draw was done and I was told I had drawn on the pool with the pleasure anglers.
On the next peg to me where three young lads , the first thing I noticed as I put my kit down on the peg, was their rods on rests pointing
skywards, line drooping to a stick-float 3ins out of the water, keeping my 2mtr I asked if they had caught," NO was the reply".

I had an island in front of me at 30 mtr with a gap of 1mtr between two over hanging bushes, it was stunning, with signs of carp there, it was
begging for the method feeder. so a few chucks with a bomb, clipped up and ALL IN was shouted.
First chuck 2 mins, and carp, No1 The three lads could not believe it, the next hour brought many more to the net, this got the lads quizzing me
about things, how to do this and that, what bait, how do you cast like that etc ( not to good when your trying to fish a match, but I was in a good mood )
Everything was going to plan, for me casting spot on to the clip, carp going crazy on the feed Next thing I new the three lads plus two old gents and mother
had gathered ( at safe distance ) behind me, and was watching every move I made, apparently they where new to fishing, and to see me drop the feeder
into the gap, and catch carp of 4 - 7 lbs made me some sort of super star, Got to admit it did feel good, confidence was high I was lapping it up.
Be good to think those new anglers got a few tips from me, that day even though my names not Des Ship :)

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
Sometimes you get a day where things just happen to go right for once , well 99% anyway, our club booked a match on a commercial
last summer to celebrate an anglers birthday, 36 anglers booked on, which was six anglers to many for the one pool.
The complex owner kindly let us have six pegs on a 2nd pool so we could all fish the match, With all the interest of new anglers
last year meant, all pegs were taken on the 2nd pool, with the rest of the pegs being mostly Mum and Dad plus kids new novice pleasure anglers.
The draw was done and I was told I had drawn on the pool with the pleasure anglers.
On the next peg to me where three young lads , the first thing I noticed as I put my kit down on the peg, was their rods on rests pointing
skywards, line drooping to a stick-float 3ins out of the water, keeping my 2mtr I asked if they had caught," NO was the reply".

I had an island in front of me at 30 mtr with a gap of 1mtr between two over hanging bushes, it was stunning, with signs of carp there, it was
begging for the method feeder. so a few chucks with a bomb, clipped up and ALL IN was shouted.
First chuck 2 mins, and carp, No1 The three lads could not believe it, the next hour brought many more to the net, this got the lads quizzing me
about things, how to do this and that, what bait, how do you cast like that etc ( not to good when your trying to fish a match, but I was in a good mood )
Everything was going to plan, for me casting spot on to the clip, carp going crazy on the feed Next thing I new the three lads plus two old gents and mother
had gathered ( at safe distance ) behind me, and was watching every move I made, apparently they where new to fishing, and to see me drop the feeder
into the gap, and catch carp of 4 - 7 lbs made me some sort of super star, Got to admit it did feel good, confidence was high I was lapping it up.
Be good to think those new anglers got a few tips from me, that day even though my names not Des Ship :)
Line Clip, mate, don't leave us hanging, did you win?