St Helens Canal Inc Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
So, 3:45pm today im in the pub eating me dinner, when i get a phone call from my mum, during that call the bell go's. Kevs at the door and he wants to go fishing, i had just won 25 on the fruity so thought why not, come pick me up! Drop the missus off at home and on we went.

Targetting the Bream we filled our groundbait bowl with 1.5kg of a sweet white crumb, 500g of fishmeal pellets, half a bottle of liquid brasem, a tin of hemp and some corn. This was also to pre bait for a morning session tomorrow. In went a few balls and Kev fished some in the cage feeder just off the sticks.

I opted for the waggler approach 3/4 the way out fishing worm and feeding white maggot.

Datafile11.jpg

Things got off to a steady start with Rudd being caugbt every few seconds, had to move down to half worms to try save some as even with the same worm for 3 fish, we were running out!

Here is an example of some of the better fish.
When you have been hitting one ounze perch and roach for twenty minutes these guys dont half give you a shock.

Datafile11.jpg

Kev was catching steadily with a few skimmers coming to the net. At about 7pm i hit into something that felt heavy, it didnt fight, just floated to the top almost like a Ray, could only be one thing, this little beauty, excuse the expression, was made up but the photo was taken early and didnt get chance to show it :p PB for the canal for me, hope its the start of many this season!

Datafile11.jpg

That fish was caught 2ft deep in a good 6/7ft of water, kev was taking Rudd off the bottom, we were confused! I decided to stay shallow but the baaad wind messed up my presentation, so after 30 mins of Rudd i moved to the bottom, presentation was better, but we had then run out of worms and nothing was doing on Cat Meat or Corn. The Carp were mooching round at the back everywhere but everytime we tried to get our bread in, this happened.

Datafile11.jpg

If the Carp didnt get to the bread within a second, 9 sprinted from the other side of the canal, they have some seriously good vision!

Heres a shot of Kev ha

Datafile11.jpg

Wasnt as good a session as we had hoped but the better Bream made things fun, going back at 4am to take advantage of the baiting and hopefully, if i can get some worms out the garden now, i should be into them in the morning [:)]

Michael Young

haha you knowwhat really confuses the ducks:p use a log;) (half a baguette) after a while the ducks get tired fo tryin to eat the bread as it is to hard for them buh it keeps the carp feeding for hours;)

ashtheangler

Team tackletek
nice one mate - good job you didnt hook in to one of those swans! buggers they are! lol - well done, sounds like you had a brilliant session

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Michael - That made me laugh loads, great idea! Ill buy one of them huge one's today, going ASDA later, sounds like a quality investment.

Andrew - Thanks for the comments.

Ash - These swans are on steroids, there is one that constantly has its leg out the water (maybe its broken), but i tell you, when it wants to with its one leg it go's like the clappers, i bet my line would have lasted 0.3 seconds with one on ha

Michael Young

lmaoo it really works aswell teh carp jsu keep sucking and sucking for hours on end brings the bigger fish out aswell i find;)

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Just come home with two huge ones, one for blending into a crumb and teh other for feeding!

Ady

Formerly Adymon
On the other side of where Sankey starts mate, think its still the St Helens canal there unless it changes names ;)

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Its not actually in St Helens by the way...may originate there for all i know!

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Warrington mate, for a 1 mate but im sure its included with them if your a member!

Always people from all over the northwest down there!

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Im going again today mate, just been worm hunting an have a can of meat and a few slices of bread, all i need, look out for the report later to see how i get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.