St Georges day today .

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Today is a remarkable day, not only is it England's Patron Saint's day, yes it's St. George's Day, it's also the Birthday of the great man himself, William Shakespeare.

So to honour this remarkable event, I went into the local pub, it was quite full. I ordered a pint, while waiting for it I decided to recite some of Shakespeare's great works. Clearing my throat I said in a loud voice...."All the world‘s a stage, and all the men and women merely players".

At this point, the pub went quiet, everyone turned to look at me, then turned away muttering. I continued...."They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts".

Hecklers started to jeer me and one person even told me to cough, well that's what it sounded like to me.

I then continued..."Is this a dagger which I see before me, the handle toward my hand?" Everybody looked at me, somebody shouted.... just cough or I'll give you a dagger, or was it f*** off or I'll give you a dagger?

It was very noisy and by now the punters were getting really angry, some throwing beer mats and packets of peanuts at me. Not one to be put off easily, I continued......"This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day."

More angry jeering, at this point, the Landlord came over I could see the anger in his face, through gritted teeth and pointing to the door, he said to me...BARD!!