Squid Game

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I'm not going to defend it too much as it just turns into decent 'entertainment' for me so far, not one of those series like Twin Peaks, The Wire etc that try to elevate Telly to the level of art. If you don't like the acting then you won't like it for a start but I like some of the characters, the main guy, the mad woman, the hard knock, the North Korean defector and the old guy. And if you watch it you'll realise there's nothing that's not already predictable as you watch given away in this thread.
Twin peaks lost me after a couple of episodes, my middle lad really enjoyed it.
I thought the Wire was good television, seemed compelling to see how both sides worked over the drug dealing and other issues.
I also liked Hill St Blues when that was on.
The Wire is being rerun on one of the sky channels during the week.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Watched 6 episodes thinking it must get better surely but no , It's Bobbins and even worse in episode 6 they don't even know how to play Merps properly , garbage

Trogg

the bouncer
Site Supporter
Can't wait for series 2 they are claiming it's got even more blood, guts and extreme violence 👍👍👍

Sheeeesh just like the mail to be months behind, it was announced back in October they are making a second series (hence my posting about it) and the mail think they're ahead of the game!!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Just watched the penultimate episode with my sister, only a short 30 minute one, but probably the silliest yet. It might be a couple of weeks before I watch the final episode but I can't see it being that satisfying compared to the build up.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Ha. I'm savouring it as watch it when I go to my sisters. She said we need to think of something to watch next and didn't seem too enthralled by my suggestion of John Payne films.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Thanks for suggestions. It's rare I enjoy anything on Netflix so Squid Game was a nice surprise for me. My sister is going away on holiday next week so I have a fortnight to decide. I'm still set on watching 99 River Street (John Payne) on YouTube with her, but of course that will only last one night and I've already seen it.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I watched the final episode of the first series tonight with my sister tonight, it's not bad, build up was better. Open to watching the second series.

alsur

Site Supporter
I watched it and really liked it yes dubbing is a pain but it's much more than blood and gore, my wife who normally doesn't like violent films with blood and gore also liked it.