Squid Game

62tucker

Site Supporter
Don’t think it’s that violent.
A bullet in the head. Used to get that in old westerns.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Only watched two episodes so far - the rest will probably have to wait until the weekend.

They were talking about it on BBC Breakfast this morning and according to the television reviewer guy who was their guest you should watch it in the original language with the subtitles which helps the atmosphere or something such.

I can put up with the dubbing - more than a couple of minutes of subtitles and I tend to get bored and turn over.

Simon

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
They were talking about it on BBC Breakfast this morning and according to the television reviewer guy who was their guest you should watch it in the original language with the subtitles which helps the atmosphere or something such.
The reviewer is obviously an idiot, the Koreans have told people to use the dubbed version as it's closer to the original audio, the subtitles have been translated wrong and "dumbed down" !!

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Enjoyed that. Me and the good lady did it in a day. In these times of rinse and repeat TV it was something fresh and original. Thumbs up! (y)
Last night we watched El Macho, the latest from Clint Eastwood. Not bad but he really is getting on a bit now. Can you believe he is now 91 years old!!

Team KDB

Gave it 20 minutes then gave up,the dubbing reminded me of Monkey or whatever it was called in the early eighties,I just couldn’t carry on 🤣

AdamRussell93

I finished at the weekend, I thought it was okay but pretty predictable at times. I recognised a few actors from a Korean zombie film I watched a month or so ago called Train to Busan. That’s violent as anything I’ve ever seen!

Simon R

Site Supporter
Gave it 20 minutes then gave up,the dubbing reminded me of Monkey or whatever it was called in the early eighties,I just couldn’t carry on 🤣
Monkey was a classic - the English version was first aired in 1979 - it would be the talk of the classroom the following day - especially the ongoing debate regarding the priest Tripitaka - was it a boy or was it a girl?

It was a male character but it was definitely an actress playing the role - the late Masako Natsume
2piB-H7gjQxI-OnDJXlvT3iH4sGWi5zJJTni5ba6E&usqp=CAU.jpg

Rather like the controversy surrounding the Squid Game we were warned not to attempt the 'Kung Fu' fighting demonstrated in Monkey - not that we took any notice of course.

Simon

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I always find it difficult to watch recommendations especially when there's a lot of hype surrounding something as it inevitably disappoints, but going to stick with Squid Game for now as going to watch episode 4 with my sister tonight.

H T B

Site Supporter
Enjoyed that. Me and the good lady did it in a day. In these times of rinse and repeat TV it was something fresh and original. Thumbs up! (y)
Last night we watched El Macho, the latest from Clint Eastwood. Not bad but he really is getting on a bit now. Can you believe he is now 91 years old!!
we watched that Clint film, as much as I like his films, he looked to be struggling in this one.

Loved his Gran Torino

H T B

Site Supporter
As regards Squid games, enjoyed it and looks open for another series, but there is one been mentioned on a similar vain, called "Alice in Borderland", anyone seen it yet.

[We are too busy with new pup to binge watch anything at the mo. :) ]

AdamRussell93

I think money heist might be the best thing I’ve watched on Netflix. Again if you try not to watch the lip sync with the English dubs then it’s amazing!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
4 Episodes into Alice in blunderland and up to now it’s better than squid games.
It's brilliant isn't it.

The best thing about 14hr night shifts is being able to binge watch an entire series

The bad thing about 14hr night shifts is being able to binge watch entire series

After Squid games i binged Alice in Borderland and now i'm onto another Korean series called Sisyphus which is a timetravelling assassins kind of story full of flashbacks etc but still a brilliant watch so far (i'm 9 episodes in).