Squid Game

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Anyone watching? Is it any good? I heard it crashed the internet in China or something due to popularity? :LOL: My sister said she's watched a few episodes and wants to watch it with me so asked me to catch up on the first few episodes tonight. I'm just watching the first episode and it seems pretty good.

satinet

Site Supporter
I'm two episodes in. Yes it's good. Looking forward to number 3 anyway!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I like the first episode so I'm going to watch 2 tonight and the third with my sister tomorrow night. She said it's a cross between Hunger Games and Parasite. Not seen Parasite myself but it reminds me of Battle Royale, the Japanese film.

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
Its great, smashed out a couple of episodes yesterday, going to watch the others tomorrow and friday.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Watched the full series in last few days. Enjoyed it and 2nd series planned
Started Alice in Borderland today. Similar to squid games but after 2 episodes I think it could be better.

Gaz9243

It’s brilliant once you get over the dubbed English. The first episode was difficult to watch for the first 40 minutes, but I was hooked after that. It’s proper deep, and psychological, but really addictive

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Loved it, it's better using the dubbed version as Koreans are saying the subtitles are all wrong but the dubbed one is a lot closer.

Can't wait for series 2 they are claiming it's got even more blood, guts and extreme violence 👍👍👍

62tucker

Site Supporter
I don’t blame ya pal. I ain’t a clue what this lot are on about. Leave the young uns to it. 🤣🤣
Loved it and not exactly a young un 👍
They play games from our youth.
Marbles. Red light green light. Tug of war.
Never heard of the honeycomb one. ?

Robwooly

Was wondering what it was about, was thinking about to trying it but the violence will put the missus off for sure. Not keen on dubbing either but if the subtitles are dumbed down what can you do? and don't say learn Korean :)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It is quite violent, my niece is said to have watched a fair few episodes of it at a sleepover and was ok with it though it's deep enough for adults too. I rarely watch Series but am still smiling this morning from the first two episodes, I like the main guys acting and the dubbing isn't bad at all. But my youngest niece has woke up with a cough this morning so tonight with my sister is cancelled.

peterb

Site Supporter
Gave it a try after my grand daughter recommended it , watched two episodes and gave up on it , just don't get it .

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It is very different to stuff I'd usually watch, I don't go for modern Asian horror movies for example, but I think the change was what I needed from watching mostly old movies.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I’ve just binged it over the last two days.

Decent enough watch, although I thought the actor that played the main character was terrible, as bad I thought the ending was a bit naff.

ev4dawin

I watched some snippets of it on YouTube, but it’s a bit too violent for me if I’m being honest. It does look like a good series though. Not sure if I’d watch it tbh