Squats

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
when you buy your squatts they should come in brick dust, this has to be kept damp, if it dries then the squats can float and they become tough and can shrink a little. If you have a fridge then turn the temp up as the cold will damage the squats, i put mine in the conservatory at this time of year as it is chilled but not cold. When you come to fish with them riddle off the dust as this can get into your pole joints and cause havoc, place a little damp sawdust with them instead

SLAB

Thanks for the advice.I think iwill change shops,the last lot i got the sand was very wet in big clumps,could not riddle it off.

martin.

Account Locked
dont forget squatts will continue feeding i normally put a slice of bread dampened with milk on top for them
24hrs before i use them ill riddle them off & just leave them in a tub without any sand or anything& put a fresh slice of bread dampened with milk on top

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
they will only keep feeding if they are fresh and by the sounds of what slab said i dont think they were that fresh, if they are old they will not feed

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Another tip for you, before taking them to the bankside remove ALL sand and replace with damp peat, this will lessen the chance of wear in the joints of your pole by the ingression of the sand, and will stop the squatts from drying out.

Steve

Born To Fish
Forced To Work

SLAB

Thanks for all the tips.I could not reply earlier i was sent to Scotland to work.

mike s

The stuff squatts come in is foundry sand as used for metal castings & I've heard that the best alternative is damp leam or peat.

"Wot, no Fish!"

Status
Not open for further replies.