Spursy?

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Heading for a fall and as predicted with their transfer policy.
Regards Erikson, sell him or play him surely? For me the latter, they got away with benching him until it was almost too late against Villa, did it again today and it caught up with them.

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
@Northantslad We were very Spursy again Newcastle!
Horrendous defending to let Joelinton in.
In fairness to Newcastle they could have had another and their set up after scoring worked very well.
We're not playing very well at all at the moment. Steeped to get a draw at City.
Eriksen not the only one looking for a move as I think Vertonghen wants to go too.
Eriksen is so important to us that him potentially leaving could cost us CL Qualification for next year.
I hate to say it but Arsenal could do us this wkend. Kane looks fit again though.....

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
You will have to play really poor if Arsenal beat you because they looked c**p against Liverpool.
Look like a side that will hammer those below them but not take much off the other top 5/6 clubs

Northantslad

'Any indications?
@Northantslad We were very Spursy again Newcastle!
Horrendous defending to let Joelinton in.
In fairness to Newcastle they could have had another and their set up after scoring worked very well.
We're not playing very well at all at the moment. Steeped to get a draw at City.
Eriksen not the only one looking for a move as I think Vertonghen wants to go too.
Eriksen is so important to us that him potentially leaving could cost us CL Qualification for next year.
I hate to say it but Arsenal could do us this wkend. Kane looks fit again though.....

Agree. In terms who they have let go already and who could still go, against who has come in, think there must be a feeling that Poch is some sort of magician. I have enjoyed the football they have played in the last couple of years, but something will have to give soon if they are to push on.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Poch sacked. Could be a blessing in disguise for him I reckon. The stats show 350 mil spent under him, but we all know that net spend is about zero, as much of that has been funded by continually just selling their starting 11 standard players. They were on the brink of success until going to the next level meant a never to come change in Levy's transfer/buying policy, but just like the gooners when they moved to the emirates, it will be a long time before they are mixing it with the big boys again.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can't see Levy parting with the sort of cash Jose would demand, not just for himself but in terms of wages that the players he would want to bring in would demand, yet alone what they would cost.

Total

Site Supporter
Sky just reported '......In advanced talks with Maureen. possibly confirmed by Wednesday!" :eek:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Should that happen and Levy gives him a huge war chest it will be an insult to Poch, and the Spurs fans.

Failing to buy players, failing to offload those not wanting to play for the club has caused the current slump, not poor coaching. I think an awful lot of supporters will see this as a betrayal of the best manager Spurs have had for years. Poch still has a lot to learn as a manager. But with the board's support could have developed an Alex Ferguson/Arsen Wenger like dynasty.

Mourinho will not solve the problems with the current squad. Neither will anyone else.

It was good while it lasted but I predict several years of mid-table mediocrity for the club I support.

Dusty

Should that happen and Levy gives him a huge war chest it will be an insult to Poch, and the Spurs fans.

Failing to buy players, failing to offload those not wanting to play for the club has caused the current slump, not poor coaching. I think an awful lot of supporters will see this as a betrayal of the best manager Spurs have had for years. Poch still has a lot to learn as a manager. But with the board's support could have developed an Alex Ferguson/Arsen Wenger like dynasty.

Mourinho will not solve the problems with the current squad. Neither will anyone else.

It was good while it lasted but I predict several years of mid-table mediocrity for the club I support.

Agree with all of the above, Poch has needed the kind of money you mention for the last 2-3 seasons to make the next step and become genuine title contenders.
The wage structure at Spurs has been a restricting factor for years and they will have to totally break this to attract the calibre of player Mourinho will want.
I’m very disappointed about this decision.