Spurs v Villa

D

Deleted member 21081

Didn’t see it but sounded like a decent game. Villa taking the lead and Spurs eventually exerting their power.

Similarly I thought, despite the result, Norwich played very well indeed last night. I do hope they can stick to their guns and not bow to the pressure to sit back and play anti football. On that showing I think they’d have a decent chance of staying up if they can resist, though the pundits were already on their back calling them naive.

Dusty

Norwich played great last night, fair play to them. I can’t see why the pundits get on their backs, if they sat behind the ball all game then 99 times out of 100 they would lose anyway against the top 6, why not have a go?
With better finishing last night they could have got something from that game.

D

Deleted member 21081

Norwich played great last night, fair play to them. I can’t see why the pundits get on their backs, if they sat behind the ball all game then 99 times out of 100 they would lose anyway against the top 6, why not have a go?
With better finishing last night they could have got something from that game.
They played very well but they were also 4-0 down at half time. I don’t think they could have got something from the game, at all, that’s silly. Liverpool’s home record is by far the best in all the European leagues.

However I agree they can easily survive in the Premier League if they stick to their guns.

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
Villa gave his a great game in the first half. They're a young team and against lesser opponents will do well. I think they'll get the better of Bournemouth next week and Villa Park will be rocking.
Norwich too gave a great account of themselves. Pukki's finish was clinical.
Like so many teams that get promoted it is depth of squad and injuries that tell towards the end of a long season.
Good luck to them as any team that manages to stay up is an achievement.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Good afternoon of sport today with England v Wales in the rugby followed by United v Chelsea.
Both will have to get off to a good start as City are off and running.
Just watched the highlights and Stirling was superb.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Yes thought Villa gave a good account of themselves and although their game plan was centred around counter attack, it would be unfair to suggest this was all they did. They closed down well and had spell of keeping the ball. Was a part of the game where it was refreshing to see players slide in and block shots too. Watched all the game and I think Erickson changed the dynamic.