Spurs, Oh Dear

smiffy

Site Supporter
I think the word for Sunday’s performance was shocking. I still can’t see what Mourinho is trying to achieve and he’s been there long enough now to have developed something recognisable. If he knows what he wants he needs to tell the players. I don’t know wether it was tiredness or lack of motivation but I was really looking forward to seeing what Mourinho had done with the team but was extremely disappointed. Let’s see what happens tonight,hopes and prays, then see what difference Bale and Reguilon make. Reguilon looks very impressive. Let’s see.
Also agree about Spurs being the premierships biggest underachievers. Life long fan but it’s true.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
If the Bale thing happens, although he will be determined to prove a point, i will be interested to see how it pans out. By that i mean, that i feel some of the treatment of him at Madrid has been poor, bordering on forcing him out, and if everything heard is to believed and accusations made by them that there were occasions where he didn't want to play so wasn't picked for example, weren't true, then he could have been justified in walking out of the door anytime he wanted and with a case for doing so. If this was all going on it would seem that he has been very professional, kept quiet on matters and just got on with his job.

H T B

Site Supporter
If the Bale thing happens, although he will be determined to prove a point, i will be interested to see how it pans out. By that i mean, that i feel some of the treatment of him at Madrid has been poor, bordering on forcing him out, and if everything heard is to believed and accusations made by them that there were occasions where he didn't want to play so wasn't picked for example, weren't true, then he could have been justified in walking out of the door anytime he wanted and with a case for doing so. If this was all going on it would seem that he has been very professional, kept quiet on matters and just got on with his job.
.......and his golf handicap has improved!

Spurs paying his 12 month salary, £20m WTF!

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
.......and his golf handicap has improved!

Spurs paying his 12 month salary, £20m WTF!
Over 4 years 5mill a year i think. Brilliant player worth every penny in football salaries if he performs anywhere near his capabilities.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
If reports that Bale's wages at Real Madrid are close to £600,000 per week before tax it's no surprise that he's kept quiet and not rocked the boat as I doubt that any other club would offer anything close toa similar deal at this point in his career. It's reported that Spurs will be paying around 40% of his wages during his loan period which will probably be more than the likes of Harry Kane earns.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
This is where i was heading, 'IF' the treatment of him put out, albeit not put out by him, is to be an accurate account. Its been an odd one, usually doesn't the club keep quiet and in house and the player speak out if they are being treated unfairly, or their agent?

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Big if with 45 to go, but if Chelsea do them tonight, what odds the number of days rest gets a mention? Trouble is, with barely two days since Spurs played, meaning one day rest between matches, i think Jose will have a point. Not always the fact you can make changes to deal with this, but who you then have to change them for.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Playing again tomorrow🤷‍♂️
And Dier had to run off in second half for a poo last night.

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
Well I am truly eating humble pie after my #4 post in this thread.
The last two league performances had been impressive by Mourinho but beating Chelsea in the League Cup, after Frank done Jose twice last year, I feel very proud of the players and dare I say I'm warming to our Mr. Mourinho.
Nice bit of verbal to Frank on the side line too to win us supporters over.
I must say Eric Dier has been brilliant at CB and Jose was 100% right to back his man in.
Eric steps up for the first peno and buries it, vanquishing his miss before against Chelsea. That took balls.
I wonder what Dele Alli thought of the game tonight?
Lots of positives. Reguillon looks a baller and delighted for our Mr. Nasty (Lamela) to get the equaliser.
This team is beginning to show athleticism, endeavour, organisation & belief under Jose.
We maybe in for a good season & a Cup. After all, next year ends in a 1!!!!!!!!
Here's the highlights from Chelski TV :LOL: COYS

62tucker

Site Supporter
Dele Ali . What’s happened to him ? I rated him from day 1 when I saw him for MK Dons or whoever he played for. Then was class for spurs and England. Had a great future ahead of him.
Did all the fame and money go to his head as I sure he was on a dirty video with a couple of lasses and a bit of coke a few years ago.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
That's what was being inferred on the radio this morning (the fame bit, don't know about nor commenting on the latter), if you want to know how some players are doing, you don't look on the pitch, you look all over social media where some are perhaps more active than in trying to earn a start.

Good quote from Harry this morning on what may need saying to 'the lad', basically arm around the shoulder approach whilst pointing out the facts in a fatherly way. Not sure that is an approach that Jose is willing to adopt. Would certainly fit the game and players have changed but Jose won't view point.

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
Seemingly Dele Alli is getting a run out in the Europa League game.
Hopefully he'll pull his socks up!