Spurs, Oh Dear

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
If this is Mourinho's way then we are going to have a very poor season. The most sterile, negative and boring team set up. Six defenders, four forwards and no one seemingly as a creative, forward passing midfielder.

Hojbjerg played as an extra defender and I saw none of the ball winning tackles he was supposedly bought for to bring increased possession to the team. Zero passion from any player and no drive or determination. Kane wont stay long in this set up.

H T B

Site Supporter
Thought they looked knackered after 60 minutes.
You're right about Kane. If he wants to win anything, he has to move on.

Odds on Jose being the first manager to go?

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
Agree with everything you said @Neil ofthe nene
Dreadful performance and no desire.
Dele Alli a disgrace to the jersey.
Everton were first to every ball and Dier at CB!
He is just not good enough anymore.
Sánchez and Foyth are better.
Kane looks depressed under Mourinho.
I'd like to see if Eddie Howe could do better.
And to add salt to the wounds, Arteta looks like he's sorted Arsenal out!

emmaemma

Site Supporter
Thought they looked knackered after 60 minutes.
You're right about Kane. If he wants to win anything, he has to move on.

Odds on Jose being the first manager to go?
I think Moyes will be the first manager to be sacked,

nejohn

Site Supporter
I think it will be a close run thing between mourinhno and moyes, I watched both games and it was difficult to tell who were least motivated between west ham and spurs. The only thing that might keep moyes in a job longer than mourinho is that the levels of expectation are a little lower at west ham, though it is hard to see where they will be able to pick up any points for the foreseeable future. Jose has been on a downhill slide for a few years and if he has no cash to spend he struggles. I can see Eddie Howe and fat sam in jobs again before xmas

Northantslad

'Any indications?
For all the excuse making we heard and if we are going to be consistent across all teams (whether i agree or not players need all this rest), then Kane did look like a player who has been back for a minimal period of time following England duty. I don't think it fair and get what he was really getting at about teams like us getting an extra week 'off' because of the later finish to European games. Ok, the two Utd players that may have featured were out of the England running, but i feel he had a bit of a point when i look at our schedule.

It still doesn't explain however the form of some, Alli perhaps the biggest example of this, who has gone right off the page. Jose's start at Spurs is mirroring his start at Utd, you never know, he may just surprise everyone with what he achieves this year with Spurs, but i get it, its how he achieves it that is the debate in his recent managerial record.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
If what I read is true then Levy has wanted Mourinho for a while. Because of that I don't see Levy admitting he was wrong and getting rid of Jose quickly.

Unfortunately it looks like we are stuck with a negative minded manager that wants to buy instant success, look how many players Spurs have been linked with that are over 28, many in their 30s. Hardly signs that a manager is building for the future. Poch may have got some things wrong but I think his long term plan was admirable and at least he got the team trying to play attacking football. Given time and resources I think he could have done a Sir Alex.

And I have to say that, as a fan, I was disappointed to see our new midfielder given or allowed to chose the No.5 shirt. Hardly indicative of a pressing, attacking mindset. And now we are linked with every and any striker going but still no signs of an Eriksen replacement.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
If it all goes pear-shaped at Spurs, it won't be Mourinho's fault. It never is. It's one game into the new season and anything can happen. You can't judge until a good few games have been played.....

Northantslad

'Any indications?
If what I read is true then Levy has wanted Mourinho for a while. Because of that I don't see Levy admitting he was wrong and getting rid of Jose quickly.

Unfortunately it looks like we are stuck with a negative minded manager that wants to buy instant success, look how many players Spurs have been linked with that are over 28, many in their 30s. Hardly signs that a manager is building for the future. Poch may have got some things wrong but I think his long term plan was admirable and at least he got the team trying to play attacking football. Given time and resources I think he could have done a Sir Alex.

And I have to say that, as a fan, I was disappointed to see our new midfielder given or allowed to chose the No.5 shirt. Hardly indicative of a pressing, attacking mindset. And now we are linked with every and any striker going but still no signs of an Eriksen replacement.
Saw Eriksen as more of a number 10 Neil? In terms of strikers, there is 0% chance of them buying another whilst Kane is there. In a way i see the reliance on and demands of Kane (must play must not be subbed) a hindrance to Spurs in moving along. A couple now have come in and done a good job when he has been absent, only to then get benched again, can't be good for trying to build some depth and variance to the striker options.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
If it all goes pear-shaped at Spurs, it won't be Mourinho's fault. It never is. It's one game into the new season and anything can happen. You can't judge until a good few games have been played.....
Thank Christ for that if Sheff Uniteds form tonight was anything to go by !

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Are Spurs the most under achieving team of the past fifty years.
Squads graced with internationals and some world class players and yet won very little.

62tucker

Site Supporter
He be blaming the tv cameras from the fly on the wall documentary

roachy

Agree with everything you said @Neil ofthe nene
Dreadful performance and no desire.
Dele Alli a disgrace to the jersey.
Everton were first to every ball and Dier at CB!
He is just not good enough anymore.
Sánchez and Foyth are better.
Kane looks depressed under Mourinho.
I'd like to see if Eddie Howe could do better.
And to add salt to the wounds, Arteta looks like he's sorted Arsenal out!
Agree with some of the above, we are crying out for the Eriksen of old to unlock teams.
Ndombele looks to have that passing ability but needs a run of decent games.
Definitely agree about Dier, but not about Foyth, hes a liability waiting to happen, its no good having a ball playing defender who cant defend!
Dele Alli needs to stop with the tricks and flicks that very rarely come off when nobody else is on his wavelength currently. He has the energy we need but needs to just play it simple sometimes.
Lets give Mourinho a chance, first of all hes trying to stop the ridiculous defending which is a big job, then hopefully he can sort out the transition between defending and attacking.
Its going to be a long season!

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
@roachy I know Foyth has made mistakes in the past but he is still young and learning.
I know it's only the first game but I just have a bad feeling things are not well in the dressing room.
I hope I'm proved wrong but I really think Mourinho has lost the confidence of the players already.
I wouldn't shed a tear if I heard he got the sack. The football is dreadful and players look clueless under him.
Eddie Howe would be a far better option for us and more attractive Football.
If the hammer is to fall, do it early Levy!

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Are Spurs the most under achieving team of the past fifty years.
Squads graced with internationals and some world class players and yet won very little.
They get my vote yes.
One of the biggest disconnects in the league between fan measurement of success and that of the owners.

roachy

@roachy I know Foyth has made mistakes in the past but he is still young and learning.
I know it's only the first game but I just have a bad feeling things are not well in the dressing room.
I hope I'm proved wrong but I really think Mourinho has lost the confidence of the players already.
I wouldn't shed a tear if I heard he got the sack. The football is dreadful and players look clueless under him.
Eddie Howe would be a far better option for us and more attractive Football.
If the hammer is to fall, do it early Levy!
I get what you are saying mate, re Foyth yes he is still young, but old enough to know positioning and reading of the game etc.
I sincerely hope you are wrong re losing the players, imo they havent had a proper run together yet with key players missing etc, lets hope they get that soon and then we may know where we stand. One thing is for sure that we are miles away from challenging for a title!
My jury is still out with Eddie Howe, its easy to exceed expectations with a team that has none to begin with, totally different thing with the pressure at White Hart Lane.
If i had to choose somebody to replace Mourinho mote would be Nagelsmann or indded Espirito Santos at Wolves, he has them playing how Pochettino had us during our best seasons. (Actually id love to see Pochettino back as long as he would have been given money to fill the positions he knew we desperately need)

squimp

Site Supporter
Bale to Spurs on the TV this morning ??

i remember watching him first time round - awesome.

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
As you said @roachy maybe I'm being a bit harsh after just one game.
I don't want to turn into Aresnal TV :LOL:
I looked at the highlights again and Sissoko looked wrecked towards the end of the game after running after Richarlison, who looks like he'll have a great season after Everton's new midfield signings.
That's very unusual for Sissoko as he has a great engine.
Maybe the Spurs players are not quite fit enough yet and will put in a better showing against Southampton.
I'd definitely like to see Bale return. Son & Bale on both flanks would be unreal!
Seeming we're in the running for the Real Madrid left back Sergio Reguilon too.
COYS

roachy

As you said @roachy maybe I'm being a bit harsh after just one game.
I don't want to turn into Aresnal TV :LOL:
I looked at the highlights again and Sissoko looked wrecked towards the end of the game after running after Richarlison, who looks like he'll have a great season after Everton's new midfield signings.
That's very unusual for Sissoko as he has a great engine.
Maybe the Spurs players are not quite fit enough yet and will put in a better showing against Southampton.
I'd definitely like to see Bale return. Son & Bale on both flanks would be unreal!
Seeming we're in the running for the Real Madrid left back Sergio Reguilon too.
COYS
I think the reason Sissoko was so tired is because Doherty was trying to play his wing back role when he was in a back four so leaving us wide open for Richarlison.
It's a good job he's a terrible finisher and decision maker (not unlike Sissoko)
Yes Bale would be interesting to have back if he can stay fit, we can dream mate!
COYS!