Spots to fish around the leigh, tyldesley , atherton area

Macdonald7

Hello, anybody recommended good spots to fish around leigh tyldesley atherton? Looking to fish the method feeder using maggots? Any ideas..

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
Not sure how Beefold ln is now the houses have been built , Firs pk in Leigh some nice Bream , Queens at Bickershaw , if you catch it right the canal in Leigh can give good catches behind the Waterside , get yourself in Leigh Tackle they will put you right ,

J W

John
Site Supporter
I'm from that neck of the woods myself and just getting back into fishing. Had a few good sessions at Dunham Fishery which is only a half hour drive.

Also been recommended Springview Fishery and Molly's Fishery, both at Platt Bridge although not tried them myself yet.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I'm from that neck of the woods myself and just getting back into fishing. Had a few good sessions at Dunham Fishery which is only a half hour drive.

Also been recommended Springview Fishery and Molly's Fishery, both at Platt Bridge although not tried them myself yet.
Spring view is good , also try widdows flash at Hindley

Macdonald7

I ended up going sycamore fisheries in Golborne, didn't too bad, couple of roach, skimmer bream had a nice carp too..

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I ended up going sycamore fisheries in Golborne, didn't too bad, couple of roach, skimmer bream had a nice carp too..
Which pool did you fish ,? We had a match on there last year, low weight ,the fish were spawing on every pool, By rights he should have closed for a few days in my opinion, I packed up part way through along with a few others,
Had some good days and matches on there at other times of the year.
Give Fir tree fishery a try,