Sportsman’s dinner

Gaz9243

Just got back from a great night out. I’m no football fan, but got invited to an evening with Dean Saunders. I hadn’t even heard of him until I got the invite, BUT, Seriously, if you get chance, go and listen to him. He was seriously funny, and his punchlines were perfectly timed ( even though he’s only telling stories)

My night was clearly exaggerated by the fact my dad was sat next to me, which was the highlight for me. We do meet most Fridays for a couple of pints, but that’s in a group of regulars, and we have completely different interests normally. So to spend quality time with like that, really does make me happy.

The comedian was also very good, and even though the jokes weren’t original, his deliverance was brilliantly timed.

I’m hoping to book onto a couple more of these types of evenings, so I can take my dad along, and also my future brother in law (due to have a baby with my sister in January) who I have a great deal of respect for, and who paid for tonight’s table.

Sorry for the rambling, but I don’t have anywhere else to post my feelings

Wolf fish

Dean Saunders is not someone who Wolves supporters think of in a good light though we all thought he was a clown.

His lies about the late Brian Clough showed Saunders is a horrible man.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Been to some great Sportsmans dinners & also organised a couple. Best I have seen is Duncan McKenzie...hilarious. Also seen Jimmy Greaves, Howard Kendall & loads of former Everton players.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
When I saw "Sportsman" I thought it'd be pics of du vin, du pain et du fromage. ;)

Gaz9243

Dean Saunders is not someone who Wolves supporters think of in a good light though we all thought he was a clown.

His lies about the late Brian Clough showed Saunders is a horrible man.
I know nothing about football, and hadn’t even heard of him. He seemed a decent enough bloke, but that can easily be the fact he’s being paid to be nice.
I’ll have a look into what you’ve mentioned