Spopper

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
If anyone's interested I've seen these online for a reasonable price, cheaper than the £25-£30 being charged on ebay.

If you want to gear up for summer be handy to get one now 🙂

squimp

Site Supporter
Sensible price maybe; but somebody please explain to me why I HAVE to have one.

Me and my mates catch decent barbel but I’ve never even seen a spopper, let alone bought or used one.....

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
Don't have to have one, just a nice option to have. Can get the bait down on the deck at a distance without having to use a PVA bag/mesh or having to keep recasting a feeder.

There's probably a multitude of ways and means but these are becoming quite popular 🙂

Arch

Site Supporter
Got mine, and a Spomb for my close season Tench fishing. (y)

Arch

Site Supporter
You'll have to take me Tenching Arch if you know any good day ticket places 😀
We can have guest tickets on Burton Mutual waters. A couple of likely venues near Burton on Trent. Branston water park is one, you'd be most welcome.

squimp

Site Supporter
Don't have to have one, just a nice option to have. Can get the bait down on the deck at a distance without having to use a PVA bag/mesh or having to keep recasting a feeder.

There's probably a multitude of ways and means but these are becoming quite popular 🙂
Thanks for the clarification. I think I understand the theory.

Im not sure they add much; unless you are fishing at serious range. I’ve fished the B Avon, Teme, Severn and Thames extensively for barbel and can’t think of a place where they would help me catch more fish on those rivers. Maybe fishing the far bank of the Trent ?

Maybe I’m missing something ?

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter

Im not sure they add much; unless you are fishing at serious range. I’ve fished the B Avon, Teme, Severn and Thames extensively for barbel and can’t think of a place where they would help me catch more fish on those rivers. Maybe fishing the far bank of the Trent ?

I personally use one to get a good bed of hemp down in a couple of small areas, and i use the sonubaits spicy sausage tinned stuff so it's not at all PVA friendly.

I could catapult it out but it would end up everywhere by the time it hit bottom i think.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler

Nor me, they look like something you would use at range then you've got to be pretty accurate with your casting afterwards, a feeder or pva bag negates that.