Spooling a reel problem?!!!

jagger90

Hi all, i have spooled a few reels before and never had any trouble but iv'e been coming across the same problem on two reels now and was just wanting a bit of advice. basically the line is filling up on the back of the spool faster than the front so that its uneven. this happened on my diawa whisker so i got a new reel, the korum feeder reel 3000. but the diawa was fairly new too. im using guru pulse line at 8lb. is there something that i might be doing wrong or am i really unlucky and have two broken reels! im threading the line trought the first eye of my rob and between my fingers too while filling the spool. any advice would be great and thank you.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The profile of the line on the spool is often down to the washers between the spool and the reel and better reels often come with spares so you can adjust the profile to suit.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
If it's happening on the Daiwa, then contact them and explain the problem. They'll send out some new washers to allow you to alter the spool profile. Their pretty good at sorting things like that out. I can't say the same for Korum as I haven't dealt with them.