Sponsored anglers videos and lockdown rules?

grey

Site Supporter
I don't think it's a problem, unless you consider the guy filming it must be having far too much fun for their role to be considered work too.

It does open up a loophole though - is anyone prepared to pay me to fish the Trent this Wednesday? :D

grey

Site Supporter
I’m working on 5 miles being local so sadly not fishing!
Mate, understand it if you're taking extra precautions to protect yourself from the virus (or you simply don't want to go), but it is your legal right to go fishing, just keep you travel to a minimum, if it's 10 miles to your nearest water, then go!

I'm no expert on psychology, but I do know denying oneself of reward and pleasure are potential signs of depression. You may be in need of getting out more than you think.

The emphasis of our individual responsibilities has shifted since the start of the virus - Protect your mental and physical health - Protect the NHS - Go fishing!

cuzza

Mate, understand it if you're taking extra precautions to protect yourself from the virus (or you simply don't want to go), but it is your legal right to go fishing, just keep you travel to a minimum, if it's 10 miles to your nearest water, then go!

I'm no expert on psychology, but I do know denying oneself of reward and pleasure are potential signs of depression. You may be in need of getting out more than you think.

The emphasis of our individual responsibilities has shifted since the start of the virus - Protect your mental and physical health - Protect the NHS - Go fishing!
Except that isn’t the rule, the rule is “local” not 5/10 miles or whatever fits with where you want to go. You have a right to fish only if you can keep it within the town/village/area of your city.

I understand guys wanting to go out especially with the nicer weather but people posting about their adventures miles from their local area on a public forum where it can be read by anyone is a little ill advised.

As for the pros travelling all over - can they? According to the rules, probably. Should they? As it makes all their viewers then want to try the same thing at the same venue, maybe not

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Looking at the amount of anglers who ‘ miraculously ‘ were allowed to use Keepnets for ‘ pleasure ‘ fishing yesterday at my local fishery ( who does not allow keepnets for pleasure fishing ) I’ve about 60 - 70 very decent anglers living extremely close to me. Amazing as I live out in the country. 😳

Reuben

Site Supporter
Aye, this ‘stay at home’ & ‘local’ carry on is a bit of a joke, sadly. For the thousands that ignore, bend or use their own interpretation there’s only a couple that get caught & fined. Same up here in Scotland, the hills, parks & other outdoor spaces are full of people in groups & no-one gives a monkeys. Yet Sturgeon keeps us in lockdown because she thinks it’s working....😆

Whisker

Site Supporter
Looking at the amount of anglers who ‘ miraculously ‘ were allowed to use Keepnets for ‘ pleasure ‘ fishing yesterday at my local fishery ( who does not allow keepnets for pleasure fishing ) I’ve about 60 - 70 very decent anglers living extremely close to me. Amazing as I live out in the country. 😳
Yup, there’s a local club near us posted pics on FB of a 3 man ‘pleasure session’ whereby ‘the club committee’ had agreed the use of keepnets. Luckily, a set of scales and weigh sling were nearby to record the weights. Might only be 3 people but still a match in my eyes.

Also heard that Millionaire Mick is having matches at his. Heard of the bloke but not sure exactly where “his” is. Sheffield way I think?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Yup, there’s a local club near us posted pics on FB of a 3 man ‘pleasure session’ whereby ‘the club committee’ had agreed the use of keepnets. Luckily, a set of scales and weigh sling were nearby to record the weights. Might only be 3 people but still a match in my eyes.

Also heard that Millionaire Mick is having matches at his. Heard of the bloke but not sure exactly where “his” is. Sheffield way I think?
Ten Bob Mick’s isn’t far from me pal. Between Hatfield and Bawtry. Near Doncaster airport. It doesn’t surprise me mate. Let’s just say .... the fishery on my doorstep that must now be allowing keepnets for pleasure fishing on a Sunday and a Wednesday is Sykehouse fishery. 🤷‍♂️ Ray must be mellowing in his old age as he’s never allowed pleasure anglers to use their keepnets for pleasure fishing. Amazing how this pandemic has changed some fisheries rules. 🙄😡😡

chris1967

Site Supporter

Name and shame em bud lol .i mentioned the other day of places having regular matches coincidently it was Sheffield way ,i'm too much of a wuss to name em :censored: :LOL:

rudd

Site Supporter
Aye, this ‘stay at home’ & ‘local’ carry on is a bit of a joke, sadly. For the thousands that ignore, bend or use their own interpretation there’s only a couple that get caught & fined. Same up here in Scotland, the hills, parks & other outdoor spaces are full of people in groups & no-one gives a monkeys. Yet Sturgeon keeps us in lockdown because she thinks it’s working....😆
She preparing the residents of Scotland on how it will be when it becomes a Republic with no ties to UK or EU😬

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I don't think it's a problem, unless you consider the guy filming it must be having far too much fun for their role to be considered work too.

It does open up a loophole though - is anyone prepared to pay me to fish the Trent this Wednesday? :D
Take @Peter with you, he's usually good for a nugget or two😝

rudd

Site Supporter
Angling or any consultants etc being paid a salary = work.

U tubers not being paid a direct salary no matter how many hits they get = Should not be travelling IMHO.
This is the clause so many have used - to go on holiday abroad 😠😠😠😠

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Angling or any consultants etc being paid a salary = work.

U tubers not being paid a direct salary no matter how many hits they get = Should not be travelling IMHO.
This is the clause so many have used - to go on holiday abroad 😠😠😠😠
Under that premise self employed people should not travel either?

Reuben

Site Supporter
She preparing the residents of Scotland on how it will be when it becomes a Republic with no ties to UK or EU😬
Seriously thinking of moving back to England if Independence looks like coming to pass. Even my wife is fed up with Sturgeon’s ineptitude & she’s Scottish. We’ll see.

grey

Site Supporter
Except that isn’t the rule, the rule is “local” not 5/10 miles or whatever fits with where you want to go. You have a right to fish only if you can keep it within the town/village/area of your city.

I understand guys wanting to go out especially with the nicer weather but people posting about their adventures miles from their local area on a public forum where it can be read by anyone is a little ill advised.

As for the pros travelling all over - can they? According to the rules, probably. Should they? As it makes all their viewers then want to try the same thing at the same venue, maybe not
The 'rule' was kept deliberately vague to suit everyone rather than to stop anyone. Yet still, people insist on interpreting the rule in a way that denies them (or others) from fishing. Acting the martyr will catch you nothing, and using one interpretation of the 'rule' to stop others is an unethical way to demonstrate a point that the rule is too vague.

If your nearest water is on your doorstep, great, use it. If your nearest water is 15 miles away, then still go because it is the one most local to you.

Fishing is vital enough for our health for the Gov't and their advisors to insist its benefits outweigh the risks it poses. Don't allow yourself to be put off by those who say you can't or mustn't. It's a duty to ourselves and to increase health of the nation we use the opportunity that's been given to every angler. Get out there and go fishing!

R0B

If your nearest water is on your doorstep, great, use it. If your nearest water is 15 miles away, then still go because it is the one most local to you.
Except that's literally not what was printed by the AT after their work with the government.

"To remain within the law you should follow the Government’s guidance, and only fish locally. If you have no local fishing available then you will have to take your daily exercise in other ways"

I've not seen any evidence of people misinterpreting this in a more restrictive way, but plenty choosing to ignore it, specifically the last sentence. They are saying tough sh*t if you don't have any local fishing. And local is defined by the government as: "...your village, town or the part of a city where you live".

Anyway, boring. It's been done to death on here in multiple threads and is OT to this thread.

grey

Site Supporter
Except that's literally not what was printed by the AT after their work with the government.

"To remain within the law you should follow the Government’s guidance, and only fish locally. If you have no local fishing available then you will have to take your daily exercise in other ways"

I've not seen any evidence of people misinterpreting this in a more restrictive way, but plenty choosing to ignore it, specifically the last sentence. They are saying tough sh*t if you don't have any local fishing. And local is defined by the government as: "...your village, town or the part of a city where you live".

Anyway, boring. It's been done to death on here in multiple threads and is OT to this thread.
AT passed the buck on this - but in their defence it'd be unwise to clarify gov't advice from their point of view.

Regarding exercise (and fishing), for those who aren't aware (as boring as it my be): Government guidance has since stated 'local is "your village, town or the part of a city where you live". This should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel a short distance within your area to do so if necessary.

Now, do we need to discuss specifically how far a 'short distance' is? :p

R0B

Now, do we need to discuss specifically how far a 'short distance' is? :p
And what "within your area" means?
If we are being honest with ourselves we all know how far is too far and where we should or should not be fishing. Just some people want to push the boundaries, literally.