Spodding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenacious Me

What time of year should spodding become part of the game plan...I have never tried it...I fish a lake where you can only fish from one corner and i need to draw the fish to me.
Is it too early to start now?

Chris Watson

Dutch Dynamo
we're off to holland on friday, and last year we tried spodding instead of grounbaiting on one of the small lakes, to get a bigger bed of particles on the bottom, the results spoke for themselves 257lb of slabs between 2 of us, so we will be doing it again this year, hope this helps

Don

Spodding is usually done when the fish are "having it large", it makes sense that its not usually a winter tactic but late spring and through the summer months into early autumn is the time its used most. With the warm spring weve been enjoying the fish may well respond to a spodding approach.

Try and observe the fish and see what they are up to if thats possible because if you spod a load of bait into a swim where the fish arent feeding competitively you will kill it stone dead. Remember you can always add more feed but you cant take it out of the lake once youve fed it.

Tenacious Me

Thanks for the advice lads...Chris have a great time in Holland mate...I am very jelous...Expecting a full report..

Chris Watson

Dutch Dynamo
cheers, will let u know how we got on when we get back, there's a few photo's of last years trip on my de koerberg thread, tight lines and good luck with the spodding

Status
Not open for further replies.