Spinning for Perch

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisg

I have recently been given a spinning rod and a few spinners. I have been fishing with it on numerous occasions but without success.

Please could you tell me if you know any good places to fish in the merseyside area

Also could you tell me what are the best spinners to use

Chris

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Not spun for perch for a few years now but a mepps type spinner with a blade size of approx. 1inch 25mm was a good lure. Try a constant retrieve.

chill out go fishing

crusty

Hi craig,

i used to have a fantastic little spinner, mepps type with the spinning blade and a red wool tail, it caught on days when you couldn't buy a bite.
i used it mostly when i lived near the canal, leeds-liverpool, which you could try, I definatly think having something red trailing the hook helps induce takes.
flick the spinner at any features, bridges, overhanging trees/brambles, boats, etc.

the only other waters i've fished near you, are on the warrington tickets, but i wasn't spinning for perch, although i had a three pounder out of worthington res, which is about twenty miles from liverpool. worth a day out, three lakes, all have perch, my best was five over two pounds, on a bream session, twitching a lob worm every thirty seconds. i'm sure you'd enjoy succes walking around with a spinner.

crusty

The Witness

Hi Chris,
Mepps as recommended by Esox are good.
My favourite,however,is the Rublex Ondex in various sizes.Silver not gold.
I have caught perch to 2.5lbs,many jack pike and my one and only zander on them,they really thrum through the water,excellent lures.
If you can't get them locally try Harris Angling.
Tight lines.

The Witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.