Sphere 10ft bomb rod

Simon

Evening. Can anyone reccomend sphere 10ft +10% bomb rod want to use it on short line for swimmers and f1/carp in the summer.

rufcuk

Yes it's a awesome rod probably the best allrounder you can buy - I traded mine in for the 11ft version for extra distance and have regretted it since - there's better options if you want a light skimmer rod though - its will pretty much handle anything you throw at it

Simon

Cheers mate. Yes light skimmer rod is what I really want, was also looking at 10ft supera SL I know they are two different rods. Got any recommendations.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I've got the 50g c/w version which I find is great for F1s and small(ish) carp! The tips supplied are fine enough to pick up the shyest of bites and this rod landed me my pb for bream this year on a .75oz tip! This Sphere Bomb rod has more power than Browning's Champion's Choice Silverlite feeder rod which would be better for swimmmers. Personally, I decided on the Preston Supera lite 30g c/w for those silverfish only days

rufcuk

Cheers mate. Yes light skimmer rod is what I really want, was also looking at 10ft supera SL I know they are two different rods. Got any recommendations.

My recommendation. Would be the browning jens koeschnick world champion feeder - it is purpose built for skimmers and speed fishing with a shortened butt and super light action

david white

Site Supporter
To be totally honest and on viewing on you tube I bought the Cadence CR10 11 ft #1 feeder rod ( I knew the vfm and quality of the float rods from using them so tbf it wasn’t much of a gamble ) now I do little feeder fishing but this rod lives up to my expectations and then some
I’ve used it for hand sized skimmers at 14 meter and the far bank of the Aire and Calder canal for proper bream

I believe if you check out the Cadence website face book page there is buy a rod get a free reel deal on until New Year’s Day
got to worth a least a look !

Cobweb

Site Supporter
My recommendation. Would be the browning jens koeschnick world champion feeder - it is purpose built for skimmers and speed fishing with a shortened butt and super light action
That rod is on my buy list for next year. Casts a fair way too and, I believe, can even handle a small method feeder.

rufcuk

That rod is on my buy list for next year. Casts a fair way too and, I believe, can even handle a small method feeder.
Yes its still 50g rated like the sphere bomb but would be better if you can buy now as 109 at bob co then there 20% off - so it's a steal at moment

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Yes its still 50g rated like the sphere bomb but would be better if you can buy now as 109 at bob co then there 20% off - so it's a steal at moment
Had a look at Bob Co's site- rod at 109 quoted as 12.5 % but still a great deal! The Silverlite Pro is a better one there in terms of discount at the mo'. Wish I had more money!

david white

Site Supporter
I’m not 100% sure but it may well be that if you place that rod in your checkout a further 20% is taken off ( bank holiday discount )
worth a try !!

rufcuk

Had a look at Bob Co's site- rod at 109 quoted as 12.5 % but still a great deal! The Silverlite Pro is a better one there in terms of discount at the mo'. Wish I had more money!
Sorry thought it was 20% on most things

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Drew next to one of the Browning guys the other week, he was using one of these rods, went and had a look at it and a few casts, great rod, if I was in the market for a 10’ bomb rod, I wouldn’t hesitate, must be one of the nicest rods on the market.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
It’s out of stock.

DFL

Site Supporter
I’ve just ordered one of these with a further 10% discount bringing it just under £100