speed for silvers

Status
Not open for further replies.

timpe

hi there..

wanting some tips on how you can stop or limit the maggot being blown up the line. I am fishing silvers with the whip and hitting about 4 fish a minute , or would be if i coulod keep the maggot from blowing up the line.. (not allowed to use imitation maggots by the way),,

jonesr

Timpe. Hi! Leave a slightly longer tag on your hook knot.[:T]

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Use an eyed hook? Tie with a bloodknot and leave a tag 1/16th - 1/8th inch.

greentura

Greenie
put a small rubber float stop in the hook length and slide it down to the hook shaft and onto the knot, add a dab of rig glue[:T] not worth doing with hooks smaller than 18 wide gape though. used it for bream when the drennan float stops firs came out in the early 90's in Ireland when fishing long hook links up to 4 feet and i think it more than doubled my catch rate. saw one of the match guys threading a square of elastic band on his hook and thought the float stops would do the same, they did[;)]

sporty

Site Supporter
thread the maggot on to the hook going into the blunt end coming out towards the pointed end and leave a slightly longer tag

groundhog

Life Survivor
Originally posted by nelson66

use a plastic/fake maggot
nelson66 mate if you read his original post he's not allowed to. "(not allowed to use imitation maggots by the way),, "[:T]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.