SPECTACULAR FALL-INS

Status
Not open for further replies.

splodger

I WAS AT BILLY MAKINS ON SUNDAY FISHING ON LAKE 4.
IT WAS A FOUL DAY WITH A COLD WIND BLOWING.
I NOTICED THIS GUY TACKLING UP ON THE OTHER BANK,HE WENT THROUGH ALL THE RIGMAROLE OF GETTING EVERYTHING RIGHT AND WAS JUST ABOUT TO START FISHING WHEN HE LOST HIS FOOTING AND FELL HEAD FIRST STRAIGHT INTO THE DRINK!
AFTER GETTING HIS BREATH BACK HE IMMEDIATLEY TACKLED DOWN AND HEADED BACK HOME LOOKING VERY MISERABLE icon_smile_angry.gif
I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT BY THIS TIME I WAS SO HYSTERICAL THAT MY STOMACH HURT FOR THE REST OF THE DAY!
THE FISHING WAS'NT THE BEST BUT THE ENTERTAINMENT WAS FIRST CLASS.

AM I AN AWFUL PERSON LAUGHING AT OTHER ANGLERS DOWNFALLS OR WOULD ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE DONE THE SAME?

TIGHT LINES,

SPLODGER

waxlion1

Dam right I would laughed at him!!!, Why because he would have laughed at me, Can't say I would have blamed him either. cursing.gif

Oh and welcome to the sight M8

Waxlion1

Edited by - waxlion1 on 02 April 2002 8:24:50 PM

splodger

cheers waxilon1 !
nice to know i'm not on my own, mate.
thanks for the welcome.icon_smile_big.gif

this site is coolicon_smile_cool.gif

tight lines

splodger

scouse

'River Man'
hi splodger
look on tackle talk
about centrepin
hope this helps dave(scouse)

G

roflmao.gif Me to splodger i WOULD have laughted,got to agree with Waxy the fella would have laughted if it was me who fell in drink.
Welcome to the forum splodger enjoy and have fun
beer-toast1.gif
Toma

norm

hi splodger
i once cast a bit to far straight into a tree on the other side of the bank
so i crossed over the bridge ,climbed the tree
and---------------------------snap
in i whent
how stupid could i beicon_smile_big.gif

it isint the size of the tiddler that counts

ferret

My best"HEADER" was a trip to The Emerald Isle in the late 80s, a boiling hot day, fishing the feeder stood in 2 ft of water with a drop to 8ft not far out!While stepping to move a rod rest tripped over a rock and went headlong into the drop off had to strip off and drive back to the digs in my boxers! On arriving at the house Francis came out and in her usual broad Irish voice came up with a gem " well Michael you may have fallen in but it's a grand day for drying your clothes, you will be having a drink before you go back"
Mike
Ah! Not Fishing again.

Edited by - ferret on 02 April 2002 10:27:26 PM

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
LOL, Im laughing at the thought of it!!

You know me lads,I woulda rolled about and probably got a black eye!!

If it had been me, I would have come back, posted it and made a hellova story from it!, but he probably won't admit it to anyone LOL

Still Makins hey?

Perhaps the Curse lingers on there!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Del-J

' Victor '
As someone who has done it read the book AND got the t-shirt I would have laughed like a drain. I would have laughed even more had it been friend Andy.[:D} icon_smile_big.gif
If it had been me he would have *****d himself. jump.gif and who could blame him?

DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Firstly welcome Slodger and Ferret to the forums icon_smile.gif

I still grimace at the memories of my most spectacular fall in.

Way back in the eighties, I was working on a Trout Farm that used concrete raceways for holding the fish. Seperating these was a 4" wide concrete wall which you used to walk down whilst feeding the trout. One day there I was bucket in one hand, scooping pellets out into the raceways on either side of the wall when it happened - I slipped on some old pellet mush.

The scene was like something from a Warner Bros cartoon, firstly the bucket went flying, secondly I did the walking/running on air bit and then crashed down onto the wall with a leg on either side icon_smile_shock.gif The pain that shot through me was like nothing on earth, shortly followed by me falling over into the water at the side.

To cap it all, the trout which by then were in a feeding frenzy, started to 'attack' me as I tried to clamber out which only made matters worse roflmao.gif

Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Dang Dave - you could have lost a very important "worm" that way. Good thing you weren't wearing loose shorts and no undies. icon_smile_big.gif

Newt Vail

MALC

I'm well known for getting a soaking during a days fishing as i've fallen in so many time's and in one way or another each has been comical.

The one i'll tell about happened 2 summers ago in an evenning canal match.
The stretch is very shallow on the near side being no more than 6" at most till you get about 3' from the bank.

Just prior to the start of the match we noticed that a boat that was moored about 50yds along from us on our bank was drifting out across the canal and it looked like it was going to get stuck front and back on both banks.

So a few of us went down to pull it back and retie it to the bank so it would not cause the canal to be blocked for other boats.
To cut the story short the rope was a couple of foot short when thrown to us on the bank and as i had wellies on i said no problem it's only a few inches deep i'll get in a then be able to reach the rope and pull the end of the boat in.

I stepped off the bank into what should have been inches of water to find it was about 4 ft deep and came up to my chest which of course cause fits of laughter from everybody (including me).

I still fished the match and ended up coming second so even with a soaking i still enjoyed myself.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

scott essery

'Silver man'
Hia Malc, that must have been a bit of a shock icon_smile.gif At least it was summer though.

I was fishing a lovely natural lake with my dad about 7 years ago. we were both on the same peg, next to a huge old oak that overhung the water. the high bank was about 3 feet off the water and as the lake used to be a sand stone quary, droped straight down to about 5 feet, then leveled off a bit. If anyone knows anything about trees, you will have noticed small sucker barnches sprout from the trunk and these have leaves on them. combined to the long overhanging grass (I think you guys are ahead of me) i couldnt see where terra ferma ended and fresh air began. Well, dad hooked a nice 5lb carp and as i collected the net and walked around him to land the fish, the next thing i remember was a slight falling sensation followed by general bewilderment as i was looking up at dad whilst being up to my neck in water. I eventualy dryed out and we landed the 5lb mirror but it was a bit of a shock icon_smile.gif

The Cruellest thing ive seen was whilst setting up for a winter fur and feathers club match, right before christmas, on another lake. The club had a good selection of ages ranging from 18 to over 70 years and a few of the old buggers werent as nimble as they thought. Well oposite my peg was a set of 7 platforms each with about 3 feet of water under you feet. 30mins before the whistle i heard a noise and looked up to see one of the old timers literaly go head first into 3 feet of ice old lake water. what was bizare was he seemed to fall in slow motion. the poor lad was drenched and i think he sat in his car for an hour but returned to finish the match and we donated him a small flask of rum and the most clumsy bugger award.

It transpired later that hed been kneeling on his box threading the top ring of his rod, leaned too far forward, over balanced and slid into the water like a seal. God did we laugh! The poor bugger could have caught pnumonia but eh, it was funny at the time!! icon_smile.gif

david platt

Fusilier
Hi All,
Well my last dip was a few years ago it was on a local lodge
called Cromptons (paper mill)the sides of the lodge are extremely
steep, the month was late september 5-00am in the morning I had arranged to meet my mate on the banks but, he was late so I thought
I would set up my rod ( in the best spot of course )well it had been
raining all night and the ground was a bit slippy I had my tackle box over my right Shoulder the rod bag over the other,well I went to step
down on to a clump of grass and wallop both feet up in the air
I just managed to throw off my tackle box before sliding down the bank
well I suppose most of you have seen a ship being launced,well this must have been similer ( but for ship put submarine )as I slid 25feet into the water,the first thing that entered my head was " is!nt the water warm" it took me 15 mins to get out and up to the top of the bank, I was hanging on the gate when my mate turned up with water cascadeing off me, he looked at me, I said " DONT " then went off home to dry my clothes off I was back fishing within the hour.
david

lanc

splodger

I started it so i'd better tell you lot about my escapade.
I was fishing at Hayfield lakes two years ago with our kid and we were bagging on pole and paste. We decided to have something to eat and stopped fishing for a while so i put my top three kit on my pole rest and started my lunch.
After about five minutes my top three shot off my rest like linford christie and headed out to the middle of the lake like moby dick!
There must have been a minute amount of paste left on the hook.
Instantly i stripped down to my wangers and dove in.
I eventually reached the kit and swam back to shore one handed whilst playing the fish with the other!
Once i got back to shallow water i proceeded to play the fish (which was a ten-pounder)stood up to my knees with only my underpants on.
Before our kid passed me the landing net he sneaked a photo of me which still hangs in our local boozer!
By the way i'm 22 stone so you could imagine the stick i took over it!
see ya later guys!icon_smile_blush.gif
splodger

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi splodger,

quote:he sneaked a photo of me which still hangs in our local boozer!

Now thats a photo for the forum, where's your local icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_wink.gif

Dave

norm

nice one splodger.
a site for sore eyes i bet mateicon_smile_blackeye.gificon_smile.gif(lol)

it isint the size of the tiddler that counts

Status
Not open for further replies.