Specimen carp water in Durham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangrojack

i keep hearing off a syndicate with big carp in durham but im not sure if its true.

anyone know of any speci carp waters in durham or newcastle area's?

Phil

Last edited:

brummie 76

hi mangro

There is a syndicate down by Tursadle near Langley parks water near A1m.

I think a guy was looking into starting one up but the owner of the pond pulled out last minute. There was a thread on on of the forums either AT or NE fishing...not sure which though??

mangrojack

that might have been it, i used to fish wadsworth before it turnd into a mixed fishery so ive been stuck since

brummie 76

tell u what these commercial fisherys have some big specimins in now....keep your ear to the ground......wha about silksworth...i heard that had some animals in?

mangrojack

where is killingworth lake? and i had thought of brasside just kep hearing rumours of some people havin bad experiences with locals on night sessions

Thom

Originally posted by brummie 76

tell u what these commercial fisherys have some big specimins in now....keep your ear to the ground......wha about silksworth...i heard that had some animals in?

those animals are most likely the local charvs...

Mark274

Cowboy
Big waters

QE II

Silksworth? I don't know if it's the name of the water or the area

I used to fish with a couple of lads from Newcastle years ago and I'm sure they used to fish the above waters.

Mark

stewy07

Kilingworth mate just off the gosforth turnoff (not south Gosforth)on the A1 as you head north. It'll be sign posted. Its a small place and easy to find. 2 Lakes either side of the road. Fish the big one, theres always people down most nights with there bivvys. Day tickets on the bank at 3 squid. Its a TA water with a membership costing a tenner or through a local club. Lots of big carp that grow at a very fast rate due to natural food in the water. Im not a carp angler but used to live round there.

bazw

silky pond is got to from the puma center car park or sainsburys car park both off silksworth lane , sunderland
silky.png

i have not been there this year but it fished well last year

from puma center(bottom building in photo ) you go to the trees and there are 3 million steps to go down (this is a light gear venue lol ) or fron the top building follow path round to it on the flat ish

brasem

Wear Champ 2011
Originally posted by mangrojack

where is killingworth lake? and i had thought of brasside just kep hearing rumours of some people havin bad experiences with locals on night sessions

Some people had bad experiences last year, the members involved are no longer with the club! Its not locals, its (ex)members who were causing the trouble

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by bazw

you go to the trees and there are 3 million steps to go down (this is a light gear venue lol )
You're not kidding [:0]
Remember fishing Teesside League matches down there years ago - those steps were a killer - have they still got benches at intervals that you can stop and collapse onto?[;)]

Simon

mangrojack

to be honest i heard it through the grape vine so i dont want to sound like i was dissing the place because i wasnt it is a very nice looking complex especially when the new lake matures i int been there since they had that open day mind.

im very interested in killingworth and silksworth and idea on contact numbers etc?

stewy07

It was mentioned to me that Mcdermatts fishing tackle gives permision 4 night fishing and will prob have more details. Sorry dont have the contact no.. The white swan centre in killingworth also issues day/season tickets.

bazw

silky is pay on the bank 4 or 5 cant remember which , if they bother to come round let me know if you go there and i will come with an oxy bottle for when you finish and climb back to the car [:D][:D][:D]

or i might dangle a worm with you [8D]

Last edited:

Slick

'eyebrows'
Originally posted by brummie 76

Ive heard theres some big fish in Silksworth but its not very good to fish the public footpath / cycle track goes right round the lake about one metre from the water. This leaves very little room to set up or lay tackle anywhere so it wont be damaged by cyclists joggers or dog walkers and any other pests you care to think of.

Last edited:

mangrojack

cheers guys will look into them soon at the moment im trying to organise myself for my catfish trip to shatterford lakes next month

carper92

Originally posted by bazw

silky pond is got to from the puma center car park or sainsburys car park both off silksworth lane , sunderland
silky.png

i have not been there this year but it fished well last year

from puma center(bottom building in photo ) you go to the trees and there are 3 million steps to go down (this is a light gear venue lol ) or fron the top building follow path round to it on the flat ish

silksworth lake is not a specimen carp water thought, and it's not in durham mate, but it is a good for carp fishing mate, i have caught lot's of carp from there, just ask brasem, hes seen the pics to prove it!!lol[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.