Species you’ve caught most of

alsur

Site Supporter
Difficult to say first decent fish I caught was a Dace and was probably the most numerous fish I caught until I was older and branched out. Caught a lot of Dace on Thames in 80s more than any other species especially lower down Molesey and Tidal. Also caught a lot of Gudgeon mainly on Wey Nav and Oxford Canal very important in team matches also caught a lot on Mole and Thames a few swims on Thames could throw up some big weights of Gudgeon. Now I suppose it's Carp but I do catch quite a few Gudgeon and Dace along with Chub and Roach on my local river. Do remember winning a match with 22lb of Rudd in 80s.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
my local pond fish seller was offering gudgeon at 6 for £20. i put them in my garden pond and a year later when I cleaned it out there were 108! In the right place they thrive

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
I was shocked but no predation. There were also about 30 baby goldfish too. I just need the carp to get busy now. Was tempted to go out and catch a gudgeon and put a pic on here

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Well that was a frustrating half an hour. There are more gudgeon in my pond than any other fish yet I managed the only barbel and both my green tench. I male, 1 female but not a single gonk.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Well that was easier this moring. Had a go for the gudgeon in my garden pond again. Ibite 1 gudgeon but look at the size of it. Looks like they are going to spawn again. Was offered 1.50 a fish from a fish dealer.

Attachments

• 20200422_103029.jpg
    20200422_103029.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 2