Spawning

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
I wouldn't be surprised if the carp start spawning in the next week or so as the weather heats up again and the banks will be full with anglers who can't wait to get out there. Maybe fisheries should have taken this into account and limited numbers for the next few weeks rather than it be like a circus.

Last edited:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The few fisheries I know that are open are operating with limited numbers anyway tbf. That said who cares if the carp are spawning the perch, roach and possibly some bream will have spawned already so plenty still to catch.

Last edited:

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Fishery owners should care.

That's why some places like Lavender Hall have decided not to open in May. Fair play to them, fish welfare is obviously more important than money to them.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
A fishery near me is not opening till 1st June too listing one of the reasons as fish recovering from spawning, plenty of others have opened though.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I don’t really get it personally. When carp are spawning just fish for something else and you probably won’t catch them whilst they spawn anyway.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
fish have spawned in a lot of lakes and usually its just one or two areas so not the whole lake and any sensible angler would leave them alone, now with the hotter weather its rare for fish to spawn just once so its hard to close lakes but if a whole lake is spawning you would hope it would shut or anglers wouldnt fish

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Carp spawn in the margins and on heavily stocked pools you run the risk of foul hooking them.
I would rather that they are left alone and not put through any potential unnecessary damage.
With the current angling climate and some anglers attitude towards carp that won't be happening any time soon.