Spare spool - where to get them and which one?

badgerale

I'm looking to get a spare spool for my Daiwa reel, but I'm having trouble finding them either through tackle sites or ebay.

I'm also not sure whether there is a standardised system for spools or whether you need to get a specific spool for the model and/or the size?

The reel I want to get a spare spool for is the Daiwa 19 Black Widow BR LT, Size: 4000-C, to use the full title, though i don't know if all the other numbers and letters will affect things.

Another question is because I have the LT version, will the spool from the older version fit?

Any help appreciated.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Most retail outlets don't routinely stock spare spools. The one exception I know of is fishingspares.co.uk
However, most shops will be able to order a spare for you, provided they have an account with the tackle company concerned.
The other way is to make an enquiry direct to Daiwa.

badgerale

Most retail outlets don't routinely stock spare spools. The one exception I know of is fishingspares.co.uk
However, most shops will be able to order a spare for you, provided they have an account with the tackle company concerned.
The other way is to make an enquiry direct to Daiwa.
Thanks, i did try fishingsares.co.uk, but no luck.

I'm regretting not paying the extra to buy the spare spool with the reel, seems like i'll pay half again to get it ordered in.

Will ask at a local tackle shop, see what they say, it just hurts the soul how convoluted reel design is these days.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
AliExpress.

I think LT reels are much of a muchness, but there's pictures and measurements here so you could take your own measurements to see if they will fit.
Shame they only do shallow spools though, but search AliExpress for Daiwa LT spool and other stuff comes up. Not bad price either.

*EDIT* Scratch that, appears they only go to 3000 size :(

Last edited:

alsur

Site Supporter
Not all Spools are compatible across models I have 3000 size procaster and TDM and the spools from one don't fit on other.

aseadabite

You need to get on the phone to Daiwa. I have always found them very helpful and they sell spare spools direct. The only thing is thier spools are not cheap. I wanted a couple of spares for my reels last year and I ended up buying a new reel, (Daiwa) as I found it was nearly as cheap as buying the spools.
The LT models are very new so you should not have trouble getting them. have