Southport Leisure Lakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
Due to last night's sea fishing into early hours.I couldn't get up early enough for the canal this morning [:I] Instead,I had a few hours at the Leisure Lakes [:D]
Started off with the pole,but a few decent roach and 2 lost rigs and big carp later,I had enough of the pole and switch to waggler,close in to the sticks [:D] I then starting to catch little tench to pushing 3lb and plenty roach and rudd all were around the 8oz mark [:T] Think I end up with 9 or 10 little tench and 3-4dozen of roach and rudd,all on a half tin of sweet corn and a slice of bread [:D] One of the most enjoyable morning few hours fishing I had for awhile [:T]

Yet another beautiful morning [8D]
6jlzq1.jpg

20sc2a1.jpg
]

All roach and rudd were about this size if not bigger [:D]
25qsoko.jpg

2zsy1i8.jpg

9 or 10 of these little tench [:D]
ok79kn.jpg

1zyau55.jpg

BTW,was talking to Allison the bailiff,there were plenty doubles and a few 20's coming out over the weekend,and while I was there this morning.One of the carp lad pull out a 10lb bream[:0]

PelletWaggler

Nice fish those mate, might have to give that a go, that bream sounds rather desirable, what lines and laccy was on the rigs which snapped???

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
Originally posted by PelletWaggler

.. what lines and laccy was on the rigs which snapped???
I started off on the pole with size 12 hook,12-14 hollow elastic with a .16mm line straight through because there're plenty of those 3-5lb ders in there.But I was jet ski-ing with those 2 lumps[:I][:I]

PelletWaggler

Originally posted by wokkie

.. what lines and laccy was on the rigs which snapped???
I started off on the pole with size 12 hook,12-14 hollow elastic with a .16mm line straight through because there're plenty of those 3-5lb ders in there.But I was jet ski-ing with those 2 lumps[:I][:I]

Wow, dont think i'll be taking my pole there then [:I] I like the sound of that bream though, ever feeder fished it for them?

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo

... I like the sound of that bream though, ever feeder fished it for them?
Yes,the tip is the most common tactic in there due to the size of the place[:0]Apart from nice bream,I'd seen 3.5lb+ perch there,ide to 3lb,some roach and rudd are over lb[:T]

Originally posted by kcon123

How much is it to fish?
5 for normal one rod dayticket,not too sure the price for carping,I think it's about 10 for day and about 20 for 24 hours[:D]Apart from no keepnets.There's not many rules[:D]But if you don't like the noise of jet ski[:0]Avoid late afternoons and weekends[xx(]

Last edited:

PelletWaggler

isnt the place packed with bivvy boys though? didnt think many pleasure anglers fished it at all?

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo

isnt the place packed with bivvy boys though? didnt think many pleasure anglers fished it at all?
Yes,there're many carpers but the carping boys don't usually bother the road side jetty pegs nor those pegs in the woods unless the place is busy[:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.