South wales disabled angler

Robstone

Hi all.Im new here.
Disabled wheelchair angler.
Looking for any venues with easy access in south wales area that are wheelchair accessible. Also If anyone wants to join me on a trip one day let me know. Looking to getting back out more regular.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Festival Lake in Ebbw Vale has a dedicated disabled access set of swims with parking behind the peg and many other pegs are accessible via wheelchair onto excellent platforms too.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi all.Im new here.
Disabled wheelchair angler.
Looking for any venues with easy access in south wales area that are wheelchair accessible. Also If anyone wants to join me on a trip one day let me know. Looking to getting back out more regular.
Welcome Rob,

nejohn

Site Supporter
Woodstock lake just outside of Newport has quite a few pegs that are designed for wheel chair access, it is controlled by Newport angling club, not sure if they are taking new members this year but if you are interested PM me and I will send you the contact details

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Have a look at Glamorgan anglers. They have done a lot of work on their ponds regarding disabled access. Most of their waters are gated for security and a few have wheelchair friendly toilet facilities. Great choice of ponds and lakes, Bridgend, Llantwit Major, Talbot Green, Barry and others off the beaten track. Well worth looking into and great value for money.

Robstone

Thanks all. Im always looking for new places to go. But its hard if you dont know what access is available before you get there.
Cheers again.

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
Springwater Lakes near Lampeter has some accessible pegs on good firm ground if it,s not to far for you.

Just up the road from me.

Last edited:

Robstone

Springwater Lakes near Lampeter has some accessible pegs on good firm ground if it,s not to far for you.

Just up the road from me.
Thanks dave. Thats where i usually end up.its a nice site too. its an 1hr 30mins from me.