south field resevoir nr thorne

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay p

hi all
fishing south field this week end in a match and dont no any thing about the place.
can any one tell me methods baits and best way to attack it and is it a barrow job.

any help would be appreciated
cheers jay p

eric.A

Site Supporter
Its ages since I fished it, but its one/two big 5-6foot deep pans basically. Featureless and Its elevated above the surrounding fields, so matter the weathers like there always seems to be a breeze if not a gale force wind.This makes it mainly a feeder job usually at distance.Mainly bream and roach.As for barrow I would say yes because sods law says you will draw the left hand bank.You can only fish two banks the sailing club control the other two,one with the clubhouse which blocks access to the other.As for baits I cannot help I have only used crumb based G/bait and maggot and got 5 lb...ish of bits

legs230258

Site Supporter
Hi jay d,I have fished this venue,both in a match and pleasure fishing. I first fished this venue as a youngster and it was then,as it is now Doncaster A.A water. The res is two spits of water seperated by a strip of land and runs at the side of the Aire and Calder canal as i remember it. Yet 50lb to 100lb bags of bream and skimmers were possible here in pleasure sessions with up to 60lb required in matches.You can park near to the majority of pegs used in matches but some walks are required in (over)35-40 peg matches. You can catch on both pole and waggler and some impressive roach bags have come out to either method(the Doncaster A.A. website will give you up to date information).But i have had bream up to 7lb in bags up to 90lb fishing feeder with lots of chopped worm and caster,with worm on the hook; through the feeder ; and sweetorn at times both on the hook and through the feeder,has brought me some big bags of bream.The water can tow quite alot and i have fed a bow into the line in order to allow better bite registration, best of luck and kind regards Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.