soon to be "newbie"

jedcop

hi just going to start coarse fishing,i live in Essex and I would like to know where ther are some places I could try out for a beginner, and how are the day tickets please?,,thanks gerald

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Hi @jedcop . You will probably get a better response if you re-post in the Venues section under a title like "Essex Venues Advice Needed".

Unfortunately not living in Essex I can't help. But someone should be able to as long as you attract their attention with a good title.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@jedcop

Here's a couple, but not knowing where in Essex you live I don't know if they're close or far from you...

smiffy

Site Supporter
Where in Essex are you and what sort of venues would you prefer.
Lots of commercials in Essex offering good facilities for the beginner. Rivers are tough until winter because of the weed. There’s several clubs that may be worth a look.

jedcop

Where in Essex are you and what sort of venues would you prefer.
Lots of commercials in Essex offering good facilities for the beginner. Rivers are tough until winter because of the weed. There’s several clubs that may be worth a look.
i live near southend on sea,i am just looking for general fishing.ie: roach,rudd etc,nothing big.....yet!

Total

Site Supporter
Loads of fishing near you. ;)......You'll have to put up with a few carp though!.....Tylers Common, probably closest to you......Expect to £8 to £10 day ticket on a commercial in Essex

Newlands Hall North of you, Raynes Lodge, Braintree......etc etc

smiffy

Site Supporter
I don’t know the fisheries round Southend,I’m North Essex/Suffolk border.
Total has mentioned some good ones. I’d add Coleman’s Cottage,Fennes fisheries,A12 cutons lake on the Chelmsford bypass (very noisy) and Chigborough lakes.
One local club worth considering is Billericay. They’ve a wealth of waters dotted all over the county. If I was more local that’s the club I’d probably look at.

Total

Site Supporter
I beleive Colemans Cottage is due to go to syndicate soon (ish) :unsure:.....As said above....A12 Cutons is a decent fishery, very noisy and a sod to find on your first outing there....:oops:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Down your way would be Stambridge lakes SS4 2AR ... they have a match pool and a specimen lake... match pool weights run to 100lbs... maggot pellet meat and corn are the go to baits fish a pole close to the pads and you'll get carp.... fish open water with maggot and you'll catch loads of silvers... good cafe too

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Even Priory Park, off Victoria Avenue in Southend?
If it's still open for fishing that is, it's years since I used to go there for my lunch and watch the carp!

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Try Mill Barn Fishery in Great Wakering several lakes with a good variety of fish. The Reservoir Lake has plenty of skimmers/ bream and good perch along with some big hard fighting carp. Good fishing to suit any standard of angler.
Day tickets and memberships available.

Mill Barn Coarse Fishing lake in Essex