Sonubaits F1 Fibre Paste - wow, what a product

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Having had a fishing layoff for about 12 years I’m back to maggot drowning to introduce my young son to the sport.

I’ve missed a lot of developments and innovations in that time including paste so when my local tackle shop said Sonubaits Fibre Paste was a killer bait I took a punt on a bag. Watched all the videos thinking “yeh but they are all sponsored pro anglers on carp puddles” but learned as much as I could

Didn't need it on hols fishing for silvers but a 6am session at my local free water this morning to use up Saturdays casters knocked me sideways.

Casters were immediately bringing in small carp - 2-4oz - at a bite a cast with fast and finicky bites until the paste had stood half an hour. Popped on my first pinch of paste and BANG ! A whopping take within seconds and a half pound common !

Well the next 90 minutes were simply bonkers and after getting a Kamasan B911 16 hook straightened by something big and angry I beefed up to a size 12 Kamasan Animal with bigger paste lumps and the bigger fish came out to play. Biggest was 6lb (no monster I know) but the sheer numbers of 2 & 3lb commons and mirrors throwing themselves at the hook shocked me. Even got a 1lb tench and that was a massive surprise bonus.

Is this everyone’s experience and are there any other “must try” baits or methods you can recommend ?

Karl

rudd

Site Supporter
Having had a fishing layoff for about 12 years I’m back to maggot drowning to introduce my young son to the sport.

I’ve missed a lot of developments and innovations in that time including paste so when my local tackle shop said Sonubaits Fibre Paste was a killer bait I took a punt on a bag. Watched all the videos thinking “yeh but they are all sponsored pro anglers on carp puddles” but learned as much as I could

Didn't need it on hols fishing for silvers but a 6am session at my local free water this morning to use up Saturdays casters knocked me sideways.

Casters were immediately bringing in small carp - 2-4oz - at a bite a cast with fast and finicky bites until the paste had stood half an hour. Popped on my first pinch of paste and BANG ! A whopping take within seconds and a half pound common !

Well the next 90 minutes were simply bonkers and after getting a Kamasan B911 16 hook straightened by something big and angry I beefed up to a size 12 Kamasan Animal with bigger paste lumps and the bigger fish came out to play. Biggest was 6lb (no monster I know) but the sheer numbers of 2 & 3lb commons and mirrors throwing themselves at the hook shocked me. Even got a 1lb tench and that was a massive surprise bonus.

Is this everyone’s experience and are there any other “must try” baits or methods you can recommend ?

Karl
QM1 hooks with a method feeder!

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Sounds like you had a great day Karl ,nice to hear!

Only did 6:00 to 8:15 - it’s week 2 of my hols (at home this week) so my plan is early short sessions before everyone else surfaces then family outings and it was a fab session. Might squeeze in an afternoon with my little lad too.

Karl

rudd

Site Supporter
Aha - method feeder, another one I’ve missed out on.

Are the QM1 hooks by Guru? If they are they look quite funky on google.

Karl
Yes - be carefull when tying as you tend to get a few holes in fingers!

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Am I right in thinking that "fibre paste" is much like bread dough in that it requires kneading to form the gluten strands that holds bread/paste together. Thus strong bread flour would make a base for home made fibre paste.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Am I right in thinking that "fibre paste" is much like bread dough in that it requires kneading to form the gluten strands that holds bread/paste together. Thus strong bread flour would make a base for home made fibre paste.
You don't have to knead it, it just becomes fibrous after you've mixed it. Simply swirling it round with open fingers does the trick. Then you leave it to absorb the water for 30 minutes. A skin will form round the ball of paste.