Sonu-Pro Expanders.

Rick123

Site Supporter
I've brought a bag of these guys for trotting. I've read another post about preparation, can I have a definitive "how to please" Soak overnight, what in, how much water? Cheers all.

Marker50

Site Supporter
Freezing cold water.couple of ice cubes in a mini flask.
Dont put to many in.
Leave over night ready in morning.
Cold water keeps them nice and rubbery.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
They've brought out some Ready to Use ones. Various flavours & they come in 6mm or 8mm....100g tub for £2.99 and you get plenty in it.
Used them for the first time the other day & was really impressed. They're slightly firmer than the ones you have to soak. Great for when you've missed a bite & they stay on or when you have small fish nibbling at them.

Marker50

Site Supporter
Landlord do you think they would take a light cast on a float ?
I dont use a pole.
I bought a tub on weds to try.more so for in my method feeders

davej1981

I only just cover them with water and leave in the fridge over night in an air tight container

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Landlord do you think they would take a light cast on a float ?
I dont use a pole.
I bought a tub on weds to try.more so for in my method feeders
Pretty sure they would. Actually I think they mentioned that on one of their videos when they brought them out.

mrfishey

I've rolled a 4mm on to a size 16 hook, cast it out on the feeder and it was still on when I retrieved 3 minutes later. I can't see it staying on a float being an issue

Rick123

Site Supporter
I took them out of the fridge this morning and they were perfect. Will they keep in the fridge for a few days, I'm waiting for a bit better fishing weather now?
As an aside, I used the flask method for some Tares, bloody perfect this morning too, must try hemp next time. Cheers for all the advice guys.