Sonic Boom

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
More like accountant chasing me again lol - I love the job but hate the paperwork and keep putting it off to the last minute.
The difference this time around though is I've had the time to do it but it causes me a fair few issues with the ticker doing so, and the brain fogging doesn't help - as my kind caring understanding missus says -> "well you should have done it earlier shouldn't you!" lol

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Do you mind, here I am bogged down surrounded by spreadsheets trying to do some fiscal manipulations as on paper I've got a surplus of £41.52 which I don't know where it is :D
For heavens sake Dave unlimber the wallet and get Quickbooks or something like it, (don't panic you can claim it back as a business expense :D) links to your business bank a/c, produces invoice in PDF format and balance it every month and by year end you don't have to go through the pain or trying to sort ot all out, just give your Accountant access and they do the necessary.

Scribe

Site Supporter
Heard a double sonic boom once in Florida when the space shuttle was landing.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
unlimber the wallet and get Quickbooks or something like it,
It's because I had Quickbooks I'm having to do it :mad::smash2:

All the invoicing side of it is there but the payments have vanished, gone into the ether, disappeared into cyberspace.
I spent ages loading them all up a while back with the exception of some payments that needed a bit of work on, and when I've gone back to it they've vanished - I'm back on with the good old fashioned spreadsheets again and QB's can kiss my hairy arse !

Scribe

Site Supporter
Not experienced any problems with it to be fair, just the odd irritation with it allocating a customer's payment (BACS) to the oldest outstanding invoices even if the payment wasn't for the invoice in question. Minor to sort out really,

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm in the process of ditching it - I've got a pretty complex yet effective spreadsheet for the day to day book-keeping which I can pull reports from, and which my accountant can work with.
Also, I've set up an invoicing system and dashboard on the back of my business website which I can access and invoice from via an internet connection, pretty much the same as the QB's software but without the bloat, easier to use, and no monthly costs.

An empty dashboard....

1610571772725.png

Scribe

Site Supporter
Neat looking job that @Dave as you say of you have developed your Workbook to the extent it does everything you need then sticking with it makes sense,

Fingers crossed the dreaded N/A doesn't appear. :D

floatfisher

Site Supporter
Used to hear those sonic booms quite regularly round our part of Lancashire back in the late fifties and sixties. Lightning interceptor fighters from the local BAC airfields going through the sound barrier. Don't know if they were supposed to be doing it to test them or just having a play around.