Songs that have stuck

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
All the music threads lately have made me wonder, what song is there that you can remember from your younger days?

For me it's this one, my dad used to love Kate Bush and Red Sovine, he used to listen to Red Sovine stuff a lot and two songs that have always stuck in my head from are this one and the infamous "Teddy Bear", this one however had such an impact on me i even painted the name "Phantom" on the side of my motors when i was travelling....

So, come on, what are yours?

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
just realised..another one that stuck with me was Little Joe, i'd forgotten that it's also a Red Sovine song!

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was the first boy to pass the 11+ in my village school and was beaten up by school "friends" for doing so, and was constantly bullied, in the years after, by kids in the small village where I lived and felt alone. This song reminds me of that time.

In 2008 I was diagnosed with depression and after sessions with a psychiatrist and treatment in The Priory in Glasgow I realised how that event affected me. Many thanks to my wife for assisting me through a very bad time in my life.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Far too many for me to put here, but here's a couple of them...

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Still stands up today , on my way to a local youth club for the first time and this was blasting out I 'll never forget it

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
This one brings back some good memories of a beautiful girl i knew.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Chris de Burgh from car jounreys

Although it was Heart FM and rave music I grew up with in the car

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The first single I bought for me would have been this although I grew up with the Beatles and Stones
The first live music track I heard in the flesh was this being covered by a band in a pub in Liverpool.

breadflake

Site Supporter
This is the oldest song I can remember as a kid, not sure if it was this version .

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
And one I used as a benchmark as to how far to push things :) ....