son got scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonelsey

only1 net empty
took me son fishing , set up with float rod and reel , reel set with drag reasonbly loose .catching small stuff , after 4 hours out of the corner off me eye , i see my power wag bent doubled , line screaming off , me son holding on for dear life ,bless him.Had to grab rod off him (played it with him holding the butt) and after a battle nice 9lb mirror in the net . He then says can we go .[:)]

I think he was in shock as hes only 3 and was wider then him .

I take it he thinks this fishing lark is easy .

Last edited:

The Saint

Paul
Site Supporter
Nice one Simon [:)] did you manage to get any photos of your young 'un with the fish?

the lake lady

The Bitch
never mind going home keep him going you never know he might be the next world champ hopefully

simonelsey

only1 net empty
no phot as rarely take camera fishing [:eek:)].

I think he wanted to go home before that , So 7 hour season i think he did ok [:)].

Main reason he wanted to go home was to stop me from getting any larger then him[}:)].

He likes fishing , it already doubled in size when he told his mum( me wife)[:D] .

Last edited:

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
catching small stuff , after 4 hours out of the corner off me eye , i see my power wag bent doubled , line screaming off , me son holding on for dear life ,bless him.Had to grab rod off him (played it with him holding the butt) and after a battle nice 9lb mirror in the net . He then says can we go .

I think he was in shock as hes only 3 and was wider then him .

Nice one! Start 'em young and keep 'em keen[:)] You should take a camera to get that beaming smile moment that kids have when they land ANYTHING[:)]

You might want to keep more than a glance 'out of the corner of your eye' at a 3 year old near water tho!!! Especially if the bloomin carp had pulled him in with it!!

simonelsey

only1 net empty
he was sitting right next to me , and I mean right next to me , ABout 6ft from waters edge . I wasnt really fishing . I was just making some rigs .

Belive me if I didnt think he was safe he wouldnt be on the water ..

simonelsey

only1 net empty
nope too dangerous ..

2 places were I take hime on club waters . 1 pennybridge but not on side near car park and 1(big swim) swim at Newark lane (the one which is 1/2 way down seems to stick out a bit.the big flat one) .
So bill I think you now what one it was .

long rod

tomo
well done simon, your boy will be hooked for life,
things like this bring back memories of my daughter going with me (she's 25 now!)
i was on the committee of sheffield amalgated, now out of business !
and it was the day of our committee match, to wich my daughter, then 11, was invited, the match as split into a handicap, she rec'd 1lb for every 1lb caught, pairs , paid on the actual weight and a straight weight match,
and what did she do ? won the whole thing !
she weighed 4lb ! 2 nice bream and a few bits, doubled to 8 for the handicap ! and her partner came second !
so ! she had breakfast for nothing ! in the match for free cos little girls dont present a problem ! and went home with 75 !
so, simon, keep him at it, an once again, well done to the young un !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.