Somewhere easy nr Darlington for a kids first time.

Brighty

Hello everyone

Looking for advice on somewhere to take my nearly 6 yr old daughter for her first bit of fishing, she's been pestering me to take her for a while and as next week is school hols and i'm off work for a week, we're planning a trip sometime next week.

Live just south of Darlington, so looking for recommendations for somewhere not too far away. Not been fishing for 7 years, since the kids came along, so am completely out of the game, especially as i moved from down south about that time too, so know nothing of venues in these parts.

Looking for a lake or pond, presumably day ticket, something nice and tranquil in some countryside. I've bought her a little cheap 3m whip, so a bit of tiddler bashing for her first time. A bit of googling threw up Green lane and Moulton ponds near Scorton, would they fit the bill? How busy do they get? What are the little reservoirs in Middleton St George like? They used to be day ticket, but mixed info online now as to whether they are day ticket or run by a club. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Brighty

trotter2

Yes green lane would be ok .
Not too busy and plenty of small carp to keep the interest.
Fish the small pond mate best for a youngster.

Simon R

Site Supporter

Brighty

Thanks, will have at look at those.

Looks like my son, who's shown no previous interest, now want to go fishing too. Don't think taking them both will be a good idea, a 5 & 7 yr old together will be mayhem, so looks like i'll be taking them seperately, 2 fishing trips in 1 week, happy days.

Cheers

Brighty

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
There's also parklands caravan site in Northallerton , nice and peaceful decent tackle shop on site but best of all the cafe does a cracking breakfast for around a fiver.