sometimes

LilAl

Trogg mk2 ;)
Site Supporter
I regret spending 40 years devouring anything and everything to do with space.

I got a call about 45 minutes ago "alright Troggy, i've just been looking up at that star trek thingy that Elton musk sent up"

Me > EH?

Mate > You know that load of sat stuff that Elton musk has sent up, they line up in the sky

Me > awwwww right, you mean Elon musks Starlink, but erm... you haven't been watching it because it isn't visible over us at the moment

Mate > well you'd better get someone to tell them that because i can see them right now, over towards the castle and heading south

Me > erm, no mate they aren't over there they come over from West to East give or take a few degrees (i then go outside to see if i can see what he's talking about)

Me> right mate i'm outrside and looking up but i can't see them, whatever it was must have passed

Mate > flip me Trogg youu must be blind mate they're there right now i'm looking at them, they look like a line of stars just hanging in the sky..

Me> you total f**king idiot, the reason they look like a line of stars is because that IS a line of f**king stars, the starlink sky train moves, they aren't geostationary they are orbiting....ffs

Mate > well i din't know that did i, i was just looking for a line of lights n the sky..... so that bright light isn't the space station them?

Me > no, it's the planet Venus and just to the left of it is Mars.....i'm going, you've done my bloody head in ya daft tw*t

BTMS

Site Supporter
I regret spending 40 years devouring anything and everything to do with space.

I got a call about 45 minutes ago "alright Troggy, i've just been looking up at that star trek thingy that Elton musk sent up"

Me > EH?

Mate > You know that load of sat stuff that Elton musk has sent up, they line up in the sky

Me > awwwww right, you mean Elon musks Starlink, but erm... you haven't been watching it because it isn't visible over us at the moment

Mate > well you'd better get someone to tell them that because i can see them right now, over towards the castle and heading south

Me > erm, no mate they aren't over there they come over from West to East give or take a few degrees (i then go outside to see if i can see what he's talking about)

Me> right mate i'm outrside and looking up but i can't see them, whatever it was must have passed

Mate > flip me Trogg youu must be blind mate they're there right now i'm looking at them, they look like a line of stars just hanging in the sky..

Me> you total f**king idiot, the reason they look like a line of stars is because that IS a line of f**king stars, the starlink sky train moves, they aren't geostationary they are orbiting....ffs

Mate > well i din't know that did i, i was just looking for a line of lights n the sky..... so that bright light isn't the space station them?

Me > no, it's the planet Venus and just to the left of it is Mars.....i'm going, you've done my bloody head in ya daft tw*t
Well at least they are trying:LOL: Anyway good morning hope all is well

LilAl

Trogg mk2 ;)
Site Supporter
ohhh yeah, some of them are very trying mate ;)

Alls well here, hows about you?

BTMS

Site Supporter
Not bad. Going onto the river this morning for a few silvers before it gets too hot. How is the rest of the clan? Take it you are still busy. More fishing required!!

LilAl

Trogg mk2 ;)
Site Supporter
Not bad. Going onto the river this morning for a few silvers before it gets too hot. How is the rest of the clan? Take it you are still busy. More fishing required!!

Sounds good, get down the bank before the midges wake up ;)

I remember fishing, i'm sure i used to do that once upon a time :(

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just for the record, even though I was up at the time, it wasn't me making the call :D