Sometimes it DOES take a Rocket Scientist!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Scientists at Rolls Royce built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windshields of airliners, and military jets , all travelling at maximum velocity.

The idea is to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windshields. American engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high speed trains.

Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the American engineers. When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an arrow shot from a bow.
The horrified Yanks sent Rolls Royce the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the British scientists for suggestions.

You're going to love this......

Rolls Royce responded with a one-line memo:

("Defrost the chicken.")

Datafile4.gif

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

norm

good one barrie
and well done on posting something that has not been edited lol

what you tring to do beat me in having the most edited posts lol lol lol lol

Datafile4.asp

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Good joke but I think I like the original better. [;)]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes it DOES take a Rocket Scientist!! (true story)

Scientists at NASA built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windshields of air-liners, military jets and the space shuttle, all traveling at maximum velocity. The idea is to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windshields.

British engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high speed trains. Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the British engineers. When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's backrest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an arrow shot from a bow. The horrified Brits sent NASA the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the US scientists for suggestions.

NASA responded with a one-line memo:
"Defrost the chicken."

Newt Vail, Concord, NC. USA
Datafile3.asp

icarpdaily

'Dancey'
nope the first is beta, newt thats definily wrong.

Tom.

devil-flip.gif Wheres my float oh my god wheres my float, oh yeah im ledger fishing. demonbat.gif
"I, d rather be dead than cool " Curt Cobain.
"It's better to burn out than fade away" Curt cobain.
Maggotdrowner's the only place to be when your not on the Bank.

Larry

Lazarus
Norm, the reason your posts get edited so much .they have to. to make sense lol

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
icarpdaily - sorry but gotta be my version. We don't have any high speed trains. [8D]

Newt Vail, Concord, NC. USA
Datafile3.asp

anyexcuse

We've got plenty of High Speed Trains over here but I bet at least your slower ones are on time!!

Dave@Brynmill&DistrictAC

Status
Not open for further replies.