Some People

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Yesterday was hectic enough as it was, so you would think that people would have a brain at what is the bsuiest time of the year.

Customer: I'm looking for a train set for my son.

Me: I don't sell train sets.

Customer: It doesn't need to be very big, they do one that will fit on a table.

Me: Yes I know, but I don't sell them, I haven't done so for over a year.

The queue at the till is getting longer

Customer: Could you order one in for me, I need it for tomorrow

Me: I think the last post for the North Pole has left, if you hurry you might just catch him

Customer: Are you open tomorrow so that I can pick it up?

Luckily at that point a regular customer seeing my frustration and impending impoliteness suggested she tried ARGOS !

emmaemma

Site Supporter
Sounds like my son getting something for my grandson....always down to the wire and can't decide what to get. He was here last night wrapping up presents as he had no wrapping paper but knew we had some.... :eek:

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Yesterday was hectic enough as it was, so you would think that people would have a brain at what is the bsuiest time of the year.

Customer: I'm looking for a train set for my son.

Me: I don't sell train sets.

Customer: It doesn't need to be very big, they do one that will fit on a table.

Me: Yes I know, but I don't sell them, I haven't done so for over a year.

The queue at the till is getting longer

Customer: Could you order one in for me, I need it for tomorrow

Me: I think the last post for the North Pole has left, if you hurry you might just catch him

Customer: Are you open tomorrow so that I can pick it up?

Luckily at that point a regular customer seeing my frustration and impending impoliteness suggested she tried ARGOS !
More patience than me , that's why I could never be a Shopkeeper

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
Years ago I had a computer shop and had similarly irritating conversations . One I remember in particular went like this .

Customer :- i'm after a commodore Amiga do you have any
Me :- yes we do ..they are £399.99
Customer :- I've seen them in commodore user magazine for £379.99
Me :- Great ...buy one from commodore user magazine
Customer :- I rang but they are out of stock
Me:- well when mine are out of stock they are a tenner .................. however when they are in stock such as today ...they are £399.99

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Years ago I had a computer shop and had similarly irritating conversations . One I remember in particular went like this .

Customer :- i'm after a commodore Amiga do you have any
Me :- yes we do ..they are £399.99
Customer :- I've seen them in commodore user magazine for £379.99
Me :- Great ...buy one from commodore user magazine
Customer :- I rang but they are out of stock
Me:- well when mine are out of stock they are a tenner .................. however when they are in stock such as today ...they are £399.99
Yep I've used that one too, or similar.

The worst are people that expect you to replace stuff they have bought online, or send it to the manufacturer for repair. I wont do it.
They try to tell me I have to, until I start quoting them the the sale of goods act.

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
Yep I've used that one too, or similar.

The worst are people that expect you to replace stuff they have bought online, or send it to the manufacturer for repair. I wont do it.
They try to tell me I have to, until I start quoting them the the sale of goods act.
Your customer service is clearly better than mine ......... I tended not to quote anybody when told I had to do this or had to that the quote was along the lines of f*** off ......... which was probably why I was generally confined to rear of shop and my business partner handled sales :D .