solskjaer

Status
Not open for further replies.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
pure class and no yellow card i feel. just above knee height.

keith74

THFC
make you right, strange decision. def penalty at other end though so kind of evened itself out

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
i thought the goal would have stood but the rules state that the keeper as to have a clear swing with his leg after leaving go so ole was booked for being unsporting.

we should have had a pen like late on, the ref got that 1 wrong

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Solsjkaers was weird from where I was sat (on way home now) looked like Schwarzer had let go of the ball but I've not seen replay so not sure. As for having a clear swing at the ball, if he had rolled it a few feet to kick it off the deck and Solskjaer had nicked it off him, would that not have stood? Or if he rolled it to a defender and it was intercepted? Neither time would he have had a swing so it must be one of them funny rules.

Not seen the pen either but at the time it looked like O'Shea had won the ball but I was on the halfway line. Radio says it was a penalty though so it prolly was.

Poor game to watch, United looked tired and aimless throughout.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Agree chris, funny as i always thought that if the keeper didnt have full control of the ball than it could be taken away. The leg wasnt too high to take it away and in my opinion a very clever move but hey, more rules to make ingenious gameplay a thing of the past.

Too much emphasis made on complaints from the other team.

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
the rules state that when the keeper lets go of the ball to kick it out a player cant stop his swinging leg from kicking it.

if he rolled it out he's not gonna swing his leg in the same movement and the ballw oudl be in play.

if he rolled it to a defender why would he swimg his leg at same time ?

if you read above i said i thought the goal would have stood and i thought the ref got it wrong and robbed ole of a brilliant goal.

Bill G

Grandad
the refs got money on chelsea[8D] should have been given though i remember years ago some bloke called best doing something similar against banks that was ruled out as well

keith74

THFC
aside from all that you,ve got to give boro credit. with not really anything to play for i thought they were superb

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Alan Shearer confirmed the rule on MOTD tonight, it was an offence by Solsjkaer. And it should have been a penalty to Middlesbro at the end. How many teams get penalties at Old Trafford? (Apart from Man U)

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
This year..... Arsenal got one, Europe 11 got one[:D], Bolton got one but thats it[:)]Most teams don't get close enough to the penalty area to get one LOL[:D]

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Boro played well, as said by the commentary it was more like Attack Vs Defence.

Utd were playing too many high balls, Ronaldo played well feeding loads of balls through, same as Scholes. But there was still too many over the top balls and not enough being passed to feet.

Ah well.

Wish the Chelsea game wasnt Pay per view today :(

still with my Liverpool squad going to win the Champions league again for 6th time no need to worry about the premiership
lol

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Chelsea were as bad today as United were yesterday, and as for the ref at Old Trafford [:0] my God, he needs demoting to the Conference, how the hell did he miss Boro's penalty shout? it was stone wall, and i'm a United fan.

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
breamer, hes the fa cup final ref aswell so i think you can safely say man united will win

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
After Ronaldo got tripped in the semi, all Boro fans said it wasn't a penalty. Ref must have thought that they don't consider trips penalties in Boro so when Gook got tripped he didn't give it[:D][:D][:D]

SJJB

Simon
Solskjaer's goal should not have counted. According to FIFA rules it is an offence to prevent a goalkeeper releasing the ball from his hands, the releasing of the ball from his hands and the kicking of the ball is considered to be a single action.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.