Social Dilemma

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I started to watch it, and had a little chuckle to mesen, they won’t find out, much about me, I’m on this forum, (they might try and bombard me with sanity tablets😂😂) I don’t have a phone that’s connected to out, no tinterweb, never done an email, wouldn’t want to, never played an Xbox or similar, in me life, I just work n go fishin👍👍👍

Keith Sparky

When I was younger my dad would read both the Sun and Mirror mainly for the horses and sport but whilst both are low brow at least if you read both you may get some semblance of truth....this reinforcing of only listening to people who hold the same view as you is very very worrying and when you see the banning of speakers at university you wonder where people will develop their own critical thinking....

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
I started to watch it, and had a little chuckle to mesen, they won’t find out, much about me, I’m on this forum, (they might try and bombard me with sanity tablets😂😂) I don’t have a phone that’s connected to out, no tinterweb, never done an email, wouldn’t want to, never played an Xbox or similar, in me life, I just work n go fishin👍👍👍
If you can get by without all of the above then well done you Mike :)

62tucker

Site Supporter
After looking at a shark vacuum after earache off daughter I later went on YouTube and 😳. 1st ad was for a shark vacuum.

Silver fan 82

Yes youtube is a social media platform, it is also mentioned in the social dilemma as they allow the uploading of user content and they run advertisements to pay the bills, again, they have similar algorithms to track users, see what they watch, how long they are "engaged" by videos, adverts etc.

As i have already said, you don't have to post on any of the social media sites, you can watch videos, read tweets, click links from somewhere like this site and they will start running algorithms to ensure you are tagretted with what they decide you need to see, even google does it, it reads the cookies on your system, sees what you have mentioned and then checks how you have worded your search before giving you the results.

It's all very very clever, and when you have people who have worked on, designed, controlled these sites and their algorithms admitting some of the stuff they do, it shows that no matter how clever you think you are, no matter what programs you have running, they can and will get into your computer and "lead you".
Big Brother is always watching you! Quite worrying in a way lol!