So who's had some rain?

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
We've had it threatening to rain all day in Gloucester. But only managing a sprinkle now and then. The last hour has finally seen it break into a half decent thunderstorm with reasonably heavy rain.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Cloudburst here in east Warwickshire for about 25 minutes ... got very wet in the 5 paces from the car to unlocking the front door.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
the BBC weather forecast is rubbish.
That's what happens when you outsource your weather service provider to a company based in Spain. Whilst the pandemic (lack of aircraft flights) had a negative effect on all forecasting, I've found the Met Office to be generally more reliable than the BBC since 2018 when the Beeb switched to MeteoGroup.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Had a little rain this morning, it seems to be just missing us. Currently up in Oxfordshire and getting a little more up here.

baboboy

Site Supporter
Hammered it down Nottingham. I was on the M1. Couldn't even see the road markings. Didn't stop a HGV in the third lane trying to overtake everyone.

Griffo

Site Supporter
At last some real rain started in S Yorks thats cos I told the wife I was fishing in the morning no matter what the weather was doing. 😂

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Been sort drizzling on and off all day with the proper stuff due tonight apparently. Been back to normal summer temperatures last couple days though with high 20s yesterday and low 20s today.
Bit more coming down now but will have to do it for a few hours to make much difference as we had a couple showers like this last month but they were only like an hour or so maybe a couple tops hours.

John Step

Site Supporter
Just had a picture sent me. Flood water up to car bonnets in Market Rasen Lincs. This is not in a dip just outside shops and flats.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I wonder if the council’s have been out clearing all the road gullies of leaves and all the debris that’s accumulated over the year before the storms have hit🤔.
Main reason the roads get flooded.
Blocked drains

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
19.31pm, just east of Barnsley, and the first few drops of rain, wind has picked up and the sky is looking like it wants to dump its moisture content on us.

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Thunderstorm and hammered down in the centre of Paris earlier. Even the French drivers have slowed down through the deep puddles.

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
It's been threatening all day with black clouds, just had a bit of drizzle for 10 mins.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Finally started here on the NE edge of Barnsley. Light and steady, nothing dramatic.🌧️

Shadrack

Mansfield area. We got heavy showers this afternoon between 3 and 5. And the last half an hour or so has been heavy rain with it forecast to rain all night and tomorrow morning. Some roads were flooding a bit on the drive home from work.
Ground seems to be too dry and compact for it to absorb much and it’s all running off into the roads.

TiggerXFM

Rained here yesterday in the NW for several hours, kind'a steady on and off type rain.
I had a couple of hours running the float down the river late afternoon today, just as I got back to the car the wind got up and there was a huge bank of black clouds rolled in. I expected it to hammer down but it didn't while I was there. Been back home several hours now and clouds have moved in here also, but no rain as of yet.