So who's had some rain?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
We've had an Yellow Weather Warning up here in South Yorkshire since yesterday for Thunderstorms and possible Flooding but apart from a few drops of rain that lasted for all of about 3 minutes yesterday afternoon I have yet to see any sign of much needed rain.

So how is everyone else doing weatherwise? ☀️⛅🌧️🌩️

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
Pouring down again yer in Devon, lovely drop of rain. A follow up from yesterday afternoon’s thunderstorm and short lived heavy rain, and this morning’s steady rain for a couple of hours. So welcome! And it’s 15 degrees cooler than last week ❤️

Stewie74

Making it up as I go along…..
Site Supporter
Pelted it down with rain here for about 2 hours yesterday afternoon.

I had a 3pint bait box on the garden table, it was half full after the downpour.

Nowhere near enough though, need prolonged rain rather than short heavy downpours.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Been sort drizzling on and off all day with the proper stuff due tonight apparently. Been back to normal summer temperatures last couple days though with high 20s yesterday and low 20s today.

Browner

Site Supporter
Chucking it down in North Wiltshire. Thunder, lightning, warning from the Met Office.

BaldiMug

Half an hour or so earlier this morning , but the forecasted rain for this afternoon, has not materialised and the outlook is showing dry for the rest of the day here in West Sussex.

Chervil

Site Supporter
We were meant to have it yesterday, but looking on the weather radar it started to the NE of us, forecast for today and it lasted about 2 minutes. Says its going to rain all tonight and tomorrow, we will wait and see.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Yesterday had thunderstorms and heavy showers forecast. What we actually got was fairly thick cloud cover, the odd short shower and thunder rumbling away in the distance. Today was meant to be a day of showery light rain/drizzle. That's largely what we've got, though I doubt that the periods of rain were as long as was suggested.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
We got heavy torrential and thunder but no lightening in our part of Sheffield

John Step

Site Supporter
Torrential rain and thunder storm yesterday and its now doing the same again right now in mid Lincolnshire. You can almost see the recent sowing of French beans growing..

edited. Half hour later. The rain is now causing a river running down the road and I can say I have lived in this abode for nearly 20 yrs and have never seen the water so deep on the patio etc.

Last edited:

Simon R

Site Supporter
Three or four hours of heavy drizzle last night and a couple of showers early this morning - and that's about it
Local weather station says 5.1mm in the last 24 hours - and 9.0mm in total for the month

Simon

nejohn

Site Supporter
We are on a yellow warning for thunderstorms in southeast Wales, so far nothing more than a couple of very light showers, the sky does look very grey though so may be in for some rain soon

Dogbert

Site Supporter
We have had about an hours worth of showers through the afternoon in Nottingham. Possibly 5mm of rain.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
The BBC warned of three days torrential rain even warning people to move stuff upstairs and keep an emergency bag on standby.

We have had ten minutes of steady rain, like it`s news service the BBC weather forecast is rubbish.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Absolutely hammered it down in March this afternoon,we had to sit in the car for a good fifteen minutes before the wife could take a strimmer in for repair,she still got a bit damp though.