So, what's the verdict?

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Bet you've got a few amusing stories to tell in your job Mick....Geezer next door is a fireman based over at Blackheath.....Has amused me with a few of his when we've had chats with him in the past....:giggle:
We've had a few laughs over the years mate. Christmas morning many years ago and we got a call about a fire alarm sounding in an empty house. Off we went blues and twos, got to the street and pitched a ladder up to a bedroom window. Up I went and peered into the window just as the man of the house shot his..... you know..... all over his wife's naked body which was the very moment the wife clocked me staring at them through the window? Good God did she scream or what? Wrong house. Anyway, after a quick clean up they came downstairs, it was all a bit awkward and apologies and explanations were offered and accepted....... I'm sure she had a mischievous glint in her eye as we said our goodbyes. Fair shape on her as well.

Total

Site Supporter
We've had a few laughs over the years mate. Christmas morning many years ago and we got a call about a fire alarm sounding in an empty house. Off we went blues and twos, got to the street and pitched a ladder up to a bedroom window. Up I went and peered into the window just as the man of the house shot his..... you know..... all over his wife's naked body which was the very moment the wife clocked me staring at them through the window? Good God did she scream or what? Wrong house. Anyway, after a quick clean up they came downstairs, it was all a bit awkward and apologies and explanations were offered and accepted....... I'm sure she had a mischievous glint in her eye as we said our goodbyes. Fair shape on her as well.

Said fireman next door.....Mentioned he'd met his Mrs in similar(ish) circumstances...."......I met her on the job!"....I smiled!....Seemed a good as place as any!:ROFLMAO:

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
got to be honest and say i cant remember the old site too much but like anything you adapt, improve and move forwards.

New technology, new ways of mkaing things easier, easier code..............all those things come together to make a fantastic site! personally the layout and use of the site should be chosen to make things easy to manage and maintain as ultimately people admin this site for free and lose their valuable time so that for me should always be the number one choice, users can all adapt from there as i know the users make a forum but ultimately the people who manage it spend the most time protecting and updating the place and its not just a 5 minute job!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Even if l hated the new layout l'd still come on it....... better rephrase that..... I'd still log onto it. I have this debt l owe Dave and feel duty bound to support him in all he does.
Dave, l am so sorry you, on my advice, drove 200 miles to go pike fishing. I honestly and truly thought there were pike in Hartleton........ Great site this, love the new format......... Sir. ?

The PIKE fishing was beyond poor but the company was worth the trip :)

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I love it!

It's still without doubt the best Fishing Forum available.

We all might not agree with each other on many things, but our passion for Angling supersedes any differences we may have.

Keep up the great work guys
Ditto:beer-toast1:

Fayes Dad

Dave T
Site Supporter
This site and the members mean so much to me for the kindness shown to Faye.
I enjoy the laughs and windups which have helped me personally through some difficult times.
Thanks to Dave, Peter and all the maggotdrowners I have met in person or on the site, to many to list but you know who you are.
Stay Safe.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I was sceptical at the time. But now I've grown used to using the new site and functions I wouldn't change it (well, not very much anyway :) ).

As a virtual social gathering I find it invaluable for chat, banter, amusement and advice on a wide range of things both including and far beyond fishing.

In fact - I'll probably book again for next year ;)

(y)

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
In Memoriam
I never knew the old forum, so perhaps I shouldn't comment.
I'd just think it's important to reiterate what a few others have said in this thread, in the past few weeks this place has been a source of support and good advice for me, and even though we have our differences I hope to meet some or all of you on a bank one day.

Tight lines and thanks (y)

62tucker

Site Supporter
I don’t like change but after a few weeks of the new site I realised why the powers to be needed the whip-round to change to what we have now. And long may it continue ????.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
MD is the secret behind my match fishing success...........I knew I would find someone else to blame eventually. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously though the changeover from the old site presentation was like changing from Black & White TV to colour. The site is much clearer easier to read and follow threads so top marks to Dave and the crew for a very well run ship. (y)

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I wasn’t a poster on the old site although google took me there frequently. When I joined I had never used any form of online social activity so was a bit apprehensive. I now have so many friends on here and it is the source of not only fishing information but guidance with regards diy projects and everything else in my life. If you want to know ANYTHING there will be people on here who have the answer.

From a technical perspective it’s hard to see how the site could be much better. It never ceases to amaze me what the software, along with @Dave ‘s knowledge, can do. Keep up the good work Dave and all the moderators. (y)

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
Only been a member for 2yrs but without doubt best thing ive done since i came back to proper fishing(spent 20yrs carp fishing). Spend a few hours most days on site, love the banter, excellent forum, well done to all concerned. :love:(y)

feldri

Site Supporter
Have to say I'm not a prolific poster on here but I do spend a few hours twice a day reading through all the posts. If I come across a funny pic or a good song or artist or I can answer a question I will share if I can.
Although being a dog lover, since my last pooch passed away I've been unable to pull the trigger on getting another one as I think it will outlive me. Reading the antics of first Max and then Winston followed by Albert and two pence worth of black dog, (what's his real name?) has really kept me cheerful.
We have anglers from all walks of life on here and 99% of them would do anything for most other members. It truly is the best site, not just for fishing, but for anything. Such a vast knowledge out there. Stay safe everyone, and keep up the good work @Dave and the staff. (y)

BTMS

Site Supporter
I did not use the old site. So I can only give my views on the new one FANTASTIC!!!. I think the site before and during this lock down has kept the majority of us entertained, kept our sanity and have a good laugh and most importantly friends for now and hopefully into the future what every that is going to be.

So Thanks to Dave, Peter and the MDS:love:

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I must admit that when the change first happened I did not like it, but I persevered. I'm glad I did because once I got used to it I found everything so much clearer to follow and easy to use. The initial dislike, I realised, was nothing more than human inertia (resistance to change). I have said it before and no doubt I will say it again, "I have never had so many mates that I have never met" long may it continue(y)