So, this Pole malarkey...

62tucker

Site Supporter
Winder bung ,used to like them in the day
Will that still do or do I need new top kits with them puller thing in.
Another daft question. The top 2 are telescope with elastic in.
Is that wrong and should they be pull apart and fold to be put away.
Sure my brain and memory going but can remember cutting them all same length and buying the end bits and the hooky thing for rig to hook onto.

scuttster

Site Supporter
Sure my brain and memory going but can remember cutting them all same length and buying the end bits and the hooky thing for rig to hook onto.
No need for new top kits. just get the elastic set right and the right elastic for the job. I would probably say you are better off with a solid or hydro elastic as these will not stretch to the lengths a hollow elastic will no need a puller system to land the fish. ( I'm sure there will be plenty of people who can advise on elastics.)

If I remember correctly the Jurassic Carp 08 had a number one (very thin) which was telescopic from the number 2 section then the other sections were take apart. In the most case when elasticating I have never used the number 1 and bushed the number 2 section with the elastic going through the 2 and three with the elastic being protected by a doobry (see here) when packed away.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Should be able to fit puller bungs in , theyre very good , i use in margin topkits

62tucker

Site Supporter
No need for new top kits. just get the elastic set right and the right elastic for the job. I would probably say you are better off with a solid or hydro elastic as these will not stretch to the lengths a hollow elastic will no need a puller system to land the fish. ( I'm sure there will be plenty of people who can advise on elastics.)

If I remember correctly the Jurassic Carp 08 had a number one (very thin) which was telescopic from the number 2 section then the other sections were take apart. In the most case when elasticating I have never used the number 1 and bushed the number 2 section with the elastic going through the 2 and three with the elastic being protected by a doobry (see here) when packed away.
Exactly right I think. There one top kit with 3 pieces ( never been touched) and other 2 kits just got the 2 pieces and that’s the ones that I must of set up. But as telescopic 🙈.

scuttster

Site Supporter
Exactly right I think. There one top kit with 3 pieces ( never been touched) and other 2 kits just got the 2 pieces and that’s the ones that I must of set up. But as telescopic 🙈.
Eeeek definitely to make sure that it is set up correctly.

scuttster

Site Supporter
@MunchMyStump if you are considering purchasing a margin pole for @Mrs Munch then I would hang fire on chair buying until you have decided on to pole or not to pole. The reason I say this is that if you are going to pole fish then the chair ideally would not have any arm rests as these would get in the way. From my understanding the Maver MV-R Feeder chair does have arm rests but if you decide to pole fish then these can be folded down.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I said I don’t have a seat box. But have one of these in shed. Bought for son as Xmas box once. Maybe 15 years ago. And was used a few times but he preferred a comfortable seat CB688EDC-9410-4416-B40D-C5638BF85D63.jpg

Last edited:

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Well I'm totally blown away with the very kind offers. I really do not know where to start! @160642fishing yep please! Let me know how to get the postage to you in a PM and I'll happily take that. It's got Bob Nudd , what more do you want?
@gixer 13 Yes bloody please! We shall make a date once restrictions lift and the days work for all of us, Mrs Munch included. Very kind offer and we thank you so very much!
@Stewie74 once again if we can arrange something that would be brilliant!! Thank you so much.
@Peter thanks buddy and yes please! Any and all help is really appreciated.
@Billy the fish 1954 so very kind of you, I am sure I can make the trip but if someone offers you cash then grab it buddy.

Once again thank you all so much for your input and very kind offers, what a great bunch we truly are!