so that's the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

iobrien2002

Paddy
so yesterday was the end of the season.
did anyone catch.
i couldn't even go because of skool getting in the way.

so did anyone catch.
devil2.gif
devil-flip.gif

I.O'Brien

Last edited:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wait till you have to work for a living & only get 1 day a week off, you'll wish you were back at school having all weekend off mate believe me.

Yesterday was my one day off & i really enjoyed it apart from my last cast which ended with me hooking a nice carp & getting snapped just before the net [:(]

I forgot my camera again but luckily John had his so i was able to get my pics for the fishing race (& of course proof of the fish i caught should the need arise)

Alan

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

Lid

So where's your report then Trogg, eh??? [:D]

Lid [:)]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
simple Lid

I went, i fished, i had three but a boat crushed my net so i ended up with two (Roach & a gudgeon)it got very windy & cold so i packed up n went home.

Report done [:D]

Alan

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I should also add that the boat crushed my landing net & not a keepnet, i had the fish on & figured i could get it in before the boat came through, unfortunetly its "captain" wasn't as good at controlling the boat as he thought & hit my net just as i got it to the bank to be lifted out [:(]

Alan

Lid

What was it then Trogg? (The fish I mean, not the boat or it's captain [:D]).

Lid [:)]

baz.thornton

Fished Keadby canal for 11/2 hours nowt then moved to Keadby drains. Fished for 2 hours for a roach that the maggot had in a headlock !!!
Roll on Summer

Caught on a Pork Chop on a 22

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lid the fish that was in the net when it was crushed was a rather large roach, (witnessed by Esox) & i'm hoping it was alright cos i never saw it floating afterwards.

Alan

Beebs

1 pike from The Royalty at 8.5lb. My first Avon pike. Scrapped like mad it did & one up for the fishing race!!!!

Here she is>

Mr O'Brien - please go back and re-read your original post, and imagine it without the language. You'll see that it doesn't add anything to it and isn't very clever. We all swear, but not all the time, and not when we don't need to.

Beebs

quote:Originally posted by iobrien2002

it is very clear. swearing just enhances it

I.O'Brien

Well when you grow up and start acting like us real adults you'll also realise that people don't like smart arses. Get a grip little boy and pay a bit more attention in your English classes. People like you who try and act clever end up just p***ing people off.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
OI Knock it off or you'll be getting a PM Mr O'Brien

The use of the word 'bloody' wasn't realy called for in the short sentence that you initially made and that is what was pointed out to you.

It does get used on occasion but you'll generally find that it is in context with the post or an expressive where emotion is concerned.
I doubt you'd use it openly at home so please dont' do so here.

Dave

Beebs

quote:Originally posted by iobrien2002

well u p**s me off keep calling me a smart arse

I.O'Brien

What are we supposed to think then, little boy? I see a smart arse trying to act clever. You appear to be out of your depth when it comes to the intelligence stakes, so if I was you, I wouldn't even bother to try and behave like the adult you desperately want to act like.

Get the message - if you've been locked out before, then you're on thin ice. You're no tough guy so just behave properly like the rest of us.

The point was made because you could have worded the initial post without the language and it would had exactly the same impact, but you think you had to add the swearing which, in reality, took away some of the impact of your original post.

If you had worded your post without trying to look clever, you might have had a better response.

I swear like a trooper, but not anywhere where kids might witness it and make a point of curbing my language around others until I've judged how they are with it. If you've bothered to read some of my other posts, you'll see that I've not used bad language gratuitously and it doesn't seem to lessen the impact. Like I said before - pay a bit more attention in your English classes and when you've become a bit more intelligent, try speaking to me then.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Steve,

And Norm calls me a grumpy 29 year old. LOL. But I can confirm the swearing statement. I can't remember hearing you swear that day we fished together.

I try not to swear in normal conversation, and certainly do not swear in converations with or near children or women. How anybody swears using a keyboard is beyond me.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member
Fishing Venues UK

Beebs

Dave - none of the language was called for. This is a straight copy and paste of his post with the language taken out -

so yesterday was the end of the season.
did anyone catch.
i couldn't even go because of skool getting in the way.

so did anyone catch.

How on earth does the bad language enhance it? I'm not going to bother going into the debate on text speak we've already had and I'm assuming the spelling is down to stupidity rather than down to keyboard time - school or skool, takes the same amount of time to type either. Like I said before, a case of trying to look clever and failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.